Construction Project in Santo domingo

iluvdr

Aug 24, 2004
I know I can find help on just about anything on DR1. So let me give this a shot.
I am in the pre-construction phase . Can any one tell me how much should it cost to clean the land and remove dirt to level the lot?
(size 5000sq meter.)

santogirl

Feb 6, 2007
I'm not in construction, but I would think it all depends on how much needs to be cleared? Trees, shrubs, etc... Also what kind of dirt/rock needs to be moved.

C

Chip00

I know I can find help on just about anything on DR1. So let me give this a shot.
I am in the pre-construction phase . Can any one tell me how much should it cost to clean the land and remove dirt to level the lot?
(size 5000sq meter.)

I don't know but if you have a tough time getting the info it would be a good idea to call at least 3 contratistas in the capital to find out the going rates. Also, they will charge you for the clearing and grubbing by acre and the dirt moving by m3. In addition, they may charge you money to dispose of the excess material off site.

If you think you will have to move a lot of dirt you might want to get the property surveyed and have an engineer calculate the volume that would have to be moved. They could also tell you if it would be really necessary to dispose of it offsite(more expensive) than to move it around on the site.

BTW, I know a very good fair surveyor who lives works for the La Romana Corporation as the head surveyor who can do this stuff on the side. He is German but speaks Spanish fluently as well as English - not so fluently but good.

I myself am a civil engineer and know one or two in Santiago as well if you want to contact them.

roks33

Jan 21, 2007
4-6.000 pesos just to clean with machetes and burn everything, about 1000 p for 1000m2, then it is possible to build after let clean more good.

Last edited:

iluvdr

Aug 24, 2004
I don't know but if you have a tough time getting the info it would be a good idea to call at least 3 contratistas in the capital to find out the going rates. Also, they will charge you for the clearing and grubbing by acre and the dirt moving by m3. In addition, they may charge you money to dispose of the excess material off site.

Thanks Chip,
Just got a quote to clear the grubble and remove the dirt, and take it off site
RD$250,000!. This sounds a bit excessive. I know you dont know the lot, but would you to care to speculate on the cost? (5000 sqm).

If you think you will have to move a lot of dirt you might want to get the property surveyed and have an engineer calculate the volume that would have to be moved. They could also tell you if it would be really necessary to dispose of it offsite(more expensive) than to move it around on the site.

BTW, I know a very good fair surveyor who lives works for the La Romana Corporation as the head surveyor who can do this stuff on the side. He is German but speaks Spanish fluently as well as English - not so fluently but good.

I myself am a civil engineer and know one or two in Santiago as well if you want to contact them.

Thanks Chip!
Just got a quote to remove the grubble and take the dirt off site
RD$250,000!. Isn't that a bit excessive? Care to speculate on what the price should be? Don't want to be taken for a Gringo...

C

Chip00

Thanks Chip!
Just got a quote to remove the grubble and take the dirt off site
RD$250,000!. Isn't that a bit excessive? Care to speculate on what the price should be? Don't want to be taken for a Gringo...

Unfortunately I don't - that is why I said get at least three prices.

Also, you should consider surveying the property as I mentioned. Finally, you may call some contractors and ask them if they want the dirt on your site free of charge - if it is good material this may be a good option as they will come to your site and haul it off. Just make sure you expain to them the maximum they can take. You would then just have to clear and grub(remove tree stumps) the site which you can pay Haitians to do for around RD300 a day as it is unskilled labor. A lot of the organic debris should be able to burned on site. Ask where the local bombero station is and ask them if permitting will be required.