Nice church women/men

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kyle

Silver
Jun 2, 2006
a friend of mine ask me to post this question: is there such a thing a nice church women/men to be found in the DR ? since i've been traveling i never seem to see any churchs.

bigbird

Gold
May 1, 2005
is there such a thing a nice church women/men to be found in the DR ? since i've been traveling i never seem to see any churchs.

Yes there are plenty! You probably would not recognize the building as a church but it is. You have walked past more than a dozen while you were in BC. A church can be no more than a large tent on an open lot. The white church in BC near the park is not the only church in BC!

Sep 19, 2005
sure...bring your geritol and a lawn chair.......

with 95% of the population roman catholic...you best believe that there are plenty........whats the point?...they want to intermingle with these church going dominicans?

best way is to go through some outreach american organization...that has connection to specific areas where they already bring in people to help and teach and worship together......it would seem hard to seek out those people and mingle other wise....

PS: interesting selection on forums for this question...mars-venus

bob

Kyle

Silver
Jun 2, 2006
thanks vince. i think the underlying situation here is that my friend i think is looking for a devoted church woman. and i guess he is looking for people with experiences with church men/women. i guess he's under the assumption that they make better mates.

hence this thread. this may be a little too touchy so let's just close this thread or pm with some answers for him.

thanks

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
The various denominations from North America(Baptist, JW, Holy rollers...etc are making serious inroads on the catholics. There are many very serious religious women, but how to connect with them? Probably through American church that is active in the DR like Jesus for all nation,...etc.

C

Chip00

thanks vince. i think the underlying situation here is that my friend i think is looking for a devoted church woman. and i guess he is looking for people with experiences with church men/women. i guess he's under the assumption that they make better mates.

Kyle, very simple - the next time your buddy is in country just ask the locals where there is a church nearby, either "cristiana" (protestant) or "catolica". Needless to say that you don't need to be a member to attend.

BTW the protestants here are very strict in their beliefs and typically don't believe in drinking and smoking etc.

MissionDoc

Dec 16, 2006
Broad brush statement

Yes while there are Protestant denominations that are very strict there also Anglicans (aka-Episcopalians in US) that having a drink is no big deal.
Interestingly enough I was in El Mason de Luis in S.D. last week having a Presidente and my friend (a middle aged Dom. man) said he could "only drink wine because he was penecostal and his religion didn't believe in drinking." He was saying this as he was ordering his third glass of red wine.:bunny:

Don Juan

Living Brain Donor
Dec 5, 2003
Gotta tell you. whoever wants to marry an "evangelical" woman is playing Russian roulette. They won't give you a taste before marriage and will only "do it" for procreation purposes only. While there are exceptions and varying degrees of fanaticism, some churches are bent on following the most strict code of behaviour. This means that when the wife won't "give", even self-gratification is a sin. Don't marry a nun, Catholic women make much better wives.

C

Chip00

will only "do it" for procreation purposes only.

My wife is a "cristiana" and I have attended service here in many different Christian Churches even though I am Catholic and I can say my wife nor any in the substantial Christian community believe this.

May 31, 2005
My wife is a "cristiana" and I have attended service here in many different Christian Churches even though I am Catholic and I can say my wife nor any in the substantial Christian community believe this.

There will always be the radical people that take everything to the extreme and the ones that don't. Believe it or not there are some christians like the ones that he describes.

C

Chip00

There will always be the radical people that take everything to the extreme and the ones that don't. Believe it or not there are some christians like the ones that he describes.

Maybe so but I'm sure the beliefs are held by a few members possibly but I doubt less than .1% of the total. FYI there are a lot more "deviant behavior" in higher percentages in the church so what's even the point of mentioning it?

The fact is these types of rumors are just that - rumors - and are always based on heresay or misrepresented as if it was practiced enough as if to be representative of what types of beliefs are held. FYI most if not all of the Christian churches here are part of a denomination and as such have to abide by certain beliefs which "sex is only for procreation only" is most certainly not one of them.

Also, I think there is some misconception about religious people too. It's like they are not really human and don't like sex etc. That couldn't be farther from the truth - they generally enjoy it more than their "non believing" counterparts. Also, they think about it as much as any normal red blooded person. They are after all, human too.

Last edited:

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
Intervention here;

for those that don't know the subject of religion is a no no so let's stick to the original question.

I think poster is interested in knowing if there is a better chance at a relationship if he meets someone in a church rather than a bar or on the street, I think that's the gist but certainly not to discuss what religions allow or not allow

thank you

Don Juan

Living Brain Donor
Dec 5, 2003
Fanatism.

Intervention here;

for those that don't know the subject of religion is a no no so let's stick to the original question.

I think poster is interested in knowing if there is a better chance at a relationship if he meets someone in a church rather than a bar or on the street, I think that's the gist but certainly not to discuss what religions allow or not allow

thank you

Oh, sure. Anyone can meet lots of good Christian folks, who would seem to be wife or husband "material". My point is that when it comes to sex, You ain't gettin' none 'til after the wedding ceremony.
So what happens then, when you discover you ain't sexually compatible? That maybe one or the other wants it more often or not at all? And that their religious tenet prohibits certain "acts"? and won't give you a hummer for the rest of your life? Huh?
This why I say: buyer beware. If sex is not important in your married life, however, You'd have nothing to worry about.

slarkin

Dec 22, 2006
I lived in Juan Baron. My familiy there was very religious. My mom is catholic, one sister is menonite, and the other is penecostal. They love the Lord. My brother on the other hand still live the macho dominican man lifestyle. Is anyone who reads this from Juan Baron.

chuckuindy

Bronze
Mar 8, 2004
As mentioned there are many churches in any Dominican city. From what I understand form one of my ex-girlfriends, is that is okay to have relationships with another Cristiana or the minister, but you had better stay away form those non believers.

Chuckuindy

A.Hidalgo

Silver
Apr 28, 2006
I don't get it, religious topics are a no no here, but the thread's title is "Nice church women/men"??? Just what kind of church are we talking about. A secular one???? I doubt it.

Status
Not open for further replies.