Sharing transportation from STI to Cabrete 2/24 4:30 am

Status
Not open for further replies.

MattK

Feb 11, 2007
Would anyone like to share transportation from STI to Cabarete on 2/24? My girlfirend and I are arriving on Jet Blue at 4:30 am. I already have something lined up, but I am looking for additional passengers to help defray some of the cost.

senorblanco

Jun 11, 2006
Caribee Tours

Might have to wait till 8 am but way cheap and comfortable enough
It only a 2 hour trip dont pay 1000s of pesos I think it 500 pesos, I could be wrong but its definately not much more than that, in fact I think its less

FireGuy

Rest in peace Amigo!
Aug 21, 2002
www.polaris-fs.com
Caribee Tours

Might have to wait till 8 am but way cheap and comfortable enough
It only a 2 hour trip dont pay 1000s of pesos I think it 500 pesos, I could be wrong but its definately not much more than that, in fact I think its less

senorblanco,

That's not the whole story though - is it?

1) You have to get from STI to Caribe Tours in Santiago (taxi).

2) You have to wait for the first bus.

3) You have to take a taxi from Caribe Tours in Sosua to your destination in Cabarete.

Now your 2 hour time frame and $500RD (mas o menos) is out the window and has become at least 5 - 7 hours at a cost of a maybe $$1500RD - $2000RD or more. Plus when you arrive at your destination by, maybe 11 a.m. (or later); the guy beside you on the plane who is going to the same destination, has been asleep in his bed for about 4 hours or more.

Is your way a great start to a relaxing vacation - not IMHO, but different strokes.

Gregg

senorblanco

Jun 11, 2006
Your right I didnt take that into account
But people who have done it say its not so difficult or expensive. I think Caribee is close enough to the airport, and the taxi from Sosua to Cabarete is 0nly 15 pesos! So for someone who is looking to travel cheap this is really the best/only option

Tamborista

hasta la tambora
Apr 4, 2005
Blanco:

You were doing such a great job plugging your Hotel in Cabarete, I figured you were going to offer FREE airport transfers as an incentive.

tambo'

Last edited:

senorblanco

Jun 11, 2006
In this post, they are looking for cheap ways to get from Santiago to Cabarete I gave what little advice I had to help
Where is there a plug in this thread for my hotel???

FireGuy

Rest in peace Amigo!
Aug 21, 2002
www.polaris-fs.com
Your right I didnt take that into account
But people who have done it say its not so difficult or expensive. I think Caribee is close enough to the airport, and the taxi from Sosua to Cabarete is 0nly 15 pesos! So for someone who is looking to travel cheap this is really the best/only option

Maybe a guagua is 15 pesos BUT not a taxi. If you have a hotel in Cabarete - you know better than that.

Come on... honesty first, last and always.

Gregg

senorblanco

Jun 11, 2006
Wut the #@$% are you talking about "honesty" I m always 100% honest !ERRRR you peolpe can be so annoying some times.
"Taxi publico!" or Gaugau(not private transport) Thats the damn idea of the thread(see above)
And a gaugau is only 10pesos. Even cheaper and a hell of lot more fun.
I hope I dont get called a liar again for saying a gaugau is fun.
I can see it now, heres your next possible response---
"A gaugau fun? Sure if you call being crammed in with 32 smelly Dominicans and a couple of chickens and maybe even a pig , with screaming babies and Bachata music so loud its hard to have a conversation, speeding past cars, passengers hanging off the side , broken lights and windows and blah blah blah.
Well forgive me , but to me that is "FUN" and thats expiriencing the country.
And hey for 10 or 15 pesos where are you going to have more fun, see more babes, learn Spanish or get where you want to go for less?
The floor is yours...

Status
Not open for further replies.