Voodoo?

audboogie

Jul 4, 2004
I need some clarification on the women who get paid to read cards and prevent other people from putting spells on you.

My husband goes to these ladies every once in a while, and has brought me to one (i was terrified when i walked into her room!). And i am still quite confused. Is this person a witch? is she just reading tarot cards or is this some form of voodoo?

Being American I don't believe in the whole witch theory, etc. But when my husband goes to these girls and they supposively tell him **** and it is either true or ends up happening it gets me thinking. I immediately tell my husband that he must have given her information before she started speaking but he insists he tells her nothing.

The most recent episode went like this. My husband brings his friend over to see this girl. She reads the friends his cards and tells him, without knowing anything about him, that his wife has diabetes and is pregnant. (which is all true) then she tells him that his wife is going to get sick and something will happen to the baby.

Either the next day, or a few days later, the girl ends up in the hospital and lost the baby due to diabetic reasons.

What the heck??!! This isn't the only case where he's told me stuff like this has happened. Is it just coincidence???? Has anyone else gone to these women? Is it all a big joke and only true if you believe in it? Is it just a way to make money? What do you guys think?

Mirador

On Permanent Vacation!
Apr 15, 2004
...Being American I don't believe in the whole witch theory, etc....

Audboogie, being an American does not necessarily inoculate you from being superstitious. Try it yourself, buy a pack of cards, or learn how to 'read' the coffee grinds, or the cigar ashes, or whatever, and then go impress your husband with all you 'know' about his life, past and future. Have fun!!!

A.Hidalgo

Silver
Apr 28, 2006
Do not forget this... when the card lady tells you or the husband the winning numbers to the next lottery ( I am particularly partial to the New York one) please remember me.;)

jrzyguy

Bronze
May 5, 2004
i read palms and tarot.

Dont be affraid of it. It is not voodoo....it is not wicken...it is just a gift. I prefer tarot over palm as i find it to be more of a reflection of the soul.

I will ONLY read palms of people who i dont know personaly.

Keep this in mind tho. #1 any legit reader will NOT charge money!!! #2 no matter what is told....palm or tarot...it is only a reading in the moment! you have the power to change whatever is told to you!

It is a reading of where you are at in the moment. The very knowlege from what you hear changes your future at that moment. So it doesnt make any sence no?

Two of my best reading are tho....

read a palm in a bar...told him to be carefull of his driving....he was hit on his motorcycle about 2 hrs later.

Also told a stranger they would be very lucky in the lottery....they had already won the week before.

I havent touched the tarot for awhile. I am not affraid of it...but i just have leanred to have trust in myself and i dont find that i have to cheat to find out the answers ahead of time.

when i have done my readings...i dont want to know anything about the person. I was on a date a few years ago....read his palm at dinner...he thought i was full of bs....we turned to the next table and i read her palm...total stanger....and i totaly pegged her. Its a gift....just stay away from anyone looking for money. Kinda like sankies lol!

A.Hidalgo

Silver
Apr 28, 2006
Why anyones fate would be mysteriously contained in playing cards is a mystery.....The other mystery is what this topic has to do with the Dominican Republic???????:confused:

azabache

Apr 25, 2006
audboogie, you would be well advised not to dabble into these kind of mysteries that you know nothing about. If you have a Bible believing minister you should talk with him for more information.

audboogie

Jul 4, 2004
Dont be affraid of it. It is not voodoo....it is not wicken...it is just a gift. I prefer tarot over palm as i find it to be more of a reflection of the soul

That is why i am asking, if these women who have these strange rooms in their house all decorated are just plain tarot card readers for fun, or are they brujas who can put spells on people, etc...something if the culutre i am not familiar with and don't know much about and would rather just listen to stories than get involved.

Do not forget this... when the card lady tells you or the husband the winning numbers to the next lottery ( I am particularly partial to the New York one) please remember me.

Will do. How about the mega millions?

These are the same ladies that family members bring their infants too bc the kids are sick and won't get better. The ladies give "potions" that you are suppoed to bathe in to either fend off someone or for good luck. His sister was sent a potion that was supposed to be used for someone else, and she bathed in it and next day got a call for a job at a pharmacy....lol....
This one night my husband was here trying to convince my mom of this stuff, brujas, spells, etc for hours. She was laughing, he was dead serious. lol Then he comes up and tells me about some drink that he drank a few years back that put some ball inside him that moves. I think its supposed to protect you or something. Of course i don't believe him, but he takes my finger and puts it right above his belly button and you can feel a hard ball like thing inside him!! what the heck!! He does a good job of proving what he's trying to convince me of thats for sure! But like someone suggested, since i still don't know much about it, and was raised Catholic, i think i'll just have my cards read for "fun" and just continue to listen to these wonderful stories!!

jrf

Bronze
Jan 9, 2005
audboogie, you would be well advised not to dabble into these kind of mysteries that you know nothing about. If you have a Bible believing minister you should talk with him for more information.

True. Those that feel help from 'below' is just fun or a harmless way of finding out the future are stepping in a miry muck.

RD related? hmm not so much I guess - more Haitian me thinks.

RonS

Bronze
Oct 18, 2004
[/QUOTE] RD related? hmm not so much I guess - more Haitian me thinks.[/QUOTE]

I wouldn't be so sure about that, Az. Voodoo is alive and well in the DR. I actually stubbled upon an altar in Las Terranas in August and got a pretty good photograph of it. Fascinating stuff, really. And, as the OP suggests, and as Jrzyguy confirms, such things should not be just dismissed out of hand.

Last edited:

pielmorena

Oct 23, 2006
Is it me or do all say this:

"There is a person in your life whose name starts with the letter M or J and they have some type of ailment"

I mean really, what Dominican person doesn't have a Maria, Margarita, Milagros, Jose or Juan in the family? And once we think of them we recall the most minor thing..."Oh yeah, Maria had a cold last week , WOW that witch is amazing!!!!"

El Tigre

El Tigre de DR1 - Moderator
Jan 23, 2003
Is it me or do all say this:

"There is a person in your life whose name starts with the letter M or J and they have some type of ailment"

I mean really, what Dominican person doesn't have a Maria, Margarita, Milagros, Jose or Juan in the family? And once we think of them we recall the most minor thing..."Oh yeah, Maria had a cold last week , WOW that witch is amazing!!!!"

LOL that is soooooooooooo true.

dingdongdenny

Jan 6, 2007
when i was a bit younger my fience went to tea reader she told her that she was angaged (had her ring on ). and that i wasn't the one and we would not marry two months later she whent to visit her mom and sent me dear john letter probable the best thing that tea reader did for me. if you believe then you'll make it happen.

Tallman1680

On Vacation
Oct 7, 2006
I called this lady ones in Santo Domingo who reads the cards, and she told me a lot of things about my life.
Them I went to this guy who reads the coffee mug, and he told a lot of truth too.

carrie

Sep 16, 2004
I am an American living in DR and have been a Tarot Card reader for over 24 years. I also am a member of a wiccan group in Mt. Pocono Pennsylvania where I originally came from.

Yes there are ladies here who can read better than some Tarot Masters I know but at the same time I would be leary of some if not most as if they don't get what they want from you in exchange they can cause some pretty weird stuff to happen around you and to you.

Be it Tarot cards or looking at a candle or a cup of water there are plenty out there who can tell you things about you.

Its a gift and we all get the information from the universe in different ways.

And no we are not crazy. And with regard to lottery numbers well remember the universe will only give out some information and not everything. Just enough info that you can handle.

Blessed Be

A.Hidalgo

Silver
Apr 28, 2006
I am an American living in DR and have been a Tarot Card reader for over 24 years. I also am a member of a wiccan group in Mt. Pocono Pennsylvania where I originally came from.

Yes there are ladies here who can read better than some Tarot Masters I know but at the same time I would be leary of some if not most as if they don't get what they want from you in exchange they can cause some pretty weird stuff to happen around you and to you.

Be it Tarot cards or looking at a candle or a cup of water there are plenty out there who can tell you things about you.

Its a gift and we all get the information from the universe in different ways.

And no we are not crazy. And with regard to lottery numbers well remember the universe will only give out some information and not everything. Just enough info that you can handle.

Blessed Be

Hogwash, who are you to know what the universe can give out....I CAN HANDLE THOSE LOTTERY NUMBERS!!!!!!;)

vince1956

On Vacation!
May 24, 2006
voodoo shrine dominican republic

RD related? hmm not so much I guess - more Haitian me thinks.[/QUOTE]

I wouldn't be so sure about that, Az. Voodoo is alive and well in the DR. I actually stubbled upon an altar in Las Terranas in August and got a pretty good photograph of it. Fascinating stuff, really. And, as the OP suggests, and as Jrzyguy confirms, such things should not be just dismissed out of hand.[/QUOTE]:bunny:

voodoo shrine pictures from friends & fun photos on webshots

Mirador

On Permanent Vacation!
Apr 15, 2004
RD related? hmm not so much I guess - more Haitian me thinks.

I wouldn't be so sure about that, Az. Voodoo is alive and well in the DR. I actually stubbled upon an altar in Las Terranas in August and got a pretty good photograph of it. Fascinating stuff, really. And, as the OP suggests, and as Jrzyguy confirms, such things should not be just dismissed out of hand.[/QUOTE]:bunny:

voodoo shrine pictures from friends & fun photos on webshots[/QUOTE]

This is not DR, it is a Haitian voodoo necromancer's service for Baron Samedi, and related manifestations, Baron la Croix, Baron Cemetiere...