Spirit Changes in Providence

BPL888

Sep 7, 2004
I just tried to get prices on Spirit Air to go from Providence to Santo Domingo in October and I got a message that said " Seasonal Service To/From Providence Ends April 30 2007". I called to get details of if/when it may start again and I was told " it has not been decided yet". I was told to use the route map online to get more information but that does not indicate any changes. And I was fast approaching a free trip with miles on Spirit. Low man again!! Is there a way to get more infomation about the changes? This same thing happened to me last year on US Air when I hit 30,000 miles they changed to only one trip a week from Boston and raised the miles needed to 60,000. It is getting tough not to use American. I know Delta also had a flight through Atlanta but the timing and price of the Spirit flights will be missed.

Jan 9, 2004
Try Boston

I just tried to get prices on Spirit Air to go from Providence to Santo Domingo in October and I got a message that said " Seasonal Service To/From Providence Ends April 30 2007". I called to get details of if/when it may start again and I was told " it has not been decided yet". I was told to use the route map online to get more information but that does not indicate any changes. And I was fast approaching a free trip with miles on Spirit. Low man again!! Is there a way to get more infomation about the changes? This same thing happened to me last year on US Air when I hit 30,000 miles they changed to only one trip a week from Boston and raised the miles needed to 60,000. It is getting tough not to use American. I know Delta also had a flight through Atlanta but the timing and price of the Spirit flights will be missed.

BPL888:

For some inexplicable reason, Spirit has relegated ALL Providence flights to "Seasonal Service." For whatever reason, it is now back to using Boston until the Providence flights are reinstated.

By the way, Spirit does have flights from Boston to Santo Domingo so your miles are safe for the moment.

Respectfully,
Playacaribe2