Cheap place to stay in Puerta Plata/Cabarete

Status
Not open for further replies.

wylycm

Feb 12, 2007
Hey,

I plan to go down around mid april. Wondered if anyone knew of cheap, but somewhat decent htoel where we could stay and sitll enjoy the life and beach.

Thanks

marliejaneca

Bronze
Oct 7, 2003
In another post, you mentioned that you are going to the DR in April to marry a Dominican, right? You also asked if it is just easier to stay at a resort and get them to handle the wedding, right?

So to narrow down the responses, you should specify these details so that persons can make the correct suggestions.

In other words, the hotel must be guest-friendly, as I assume that your Dominican fiancee will be staying with you?

You are also interested in a hotel that would cater to a wedding if you went that route as well?

Just trying to clarify, so that you get the right responses.

Marlie

eralc777

Aug 6, 2005
I stayed in the Delfin hotel in Sosua for a couple of nights and that was nice enough and a decent price.
I would recommned Breezes resort aswell...it is more on the expensive side but it is a lovely resort!!!

senorblanco

Jun 11, 2006
Another shameless plug but I cant help it. Cabarete is the place to go.
I didnt see you mention a wedding. But if you re looking for a cool place to stay I reccomend Cita Del Sol I live there and it is in the center of town and cheap they have cable tv, security gaurds, high speed internet, a huge pool and kitchens , What more could you ask for . Also I think they are the cheapest place in town. ANd if you want somewthing a little more upscale there are plenty of higher end places. If you are coming for a wedding just research DR1 or activecabarete.com

manunut

Nov 17, 2006
tell me the money...........

Hey,

I plan to go down around mid april. Wondered if anyone knew of cheap, but somewhat decent htoel where we could stay and sitll enjoy the life and beach.

Thanks
can give you the dirt cheap prices to the top end ones.
cheap AND decent places are real thin on the ground.
so how many people and what kind of budget per night/week are you looking for?love to help you out but need a little feed back to do so.
also what place on the island are you planning on visiting?

Rocky

Honorificabilitudinitatibus
Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
Hey,

Thanks
There's lots of places, but you most likely would not want to be in Puerto Plata, as it has no decent beach. (POP airport is in Sosua)
So, Sosua or Cabarete would be ideal.
Sosua is typically cheaper, but not impossible to find a good deal in Cabarete.
Cabarete is more geared to the young sporty windsurfing crowd, while Sosua is more diverse.
What is your idea of cheap?
Do you need AC?
Pool?

Status
Not open for further replies.