License department, travel and planning business

hjocelyn

Feb 21, 2007
www.puntacanalife.com
I am excited about my move to DR in a few weeks after our wedding.
We travel there frequently and have already purchased a home in Punta Cana.
I am trying to research information for my new business- based on what I have done in the past in NYC and in Spain.

Where can I find a licensing agency for Travel agents, Event Consultant and Real Estate ( RE is for my husband to be) etc... that lists requirements for doing business in DR, certain field requirements, certification req.?
Is there a Small Business Office there?
Also what is available to me in Punta Cana so that I do not have to keep traveling to Sto. Domingo?

There is such a limited amount of information online, and most of the people I ask, (including law staff at our law office there), do not seem to know what direction to point us to!

I was even told you do not need to be certified for any sort of business, just register a business...???

If anyone had any input on this, please advise.
-Joc

amparocorp

Bronze
Aug 11, 2002
have business cards printed up, hang a sign on the door, voila! you are in business in the DR. the appropriate officials will be sure to contact you. play dumb and be prepared to pay money, explain that you don't have any money now, perhaps when business picks up, but are very willing to cooperate, thank them for their concern. i doubt you will be shut down unless you pi$$@d someone off................good luck.........

Fabio J. Guzman

DR1 Expert
Jan 1, 2002
www.drlawyer.com
Where can I find a licensing agency for Travel agents, Event Consultant and Real Estate ( RE is for my husband to be) etc... that lists requirements for doing business in DR, certain field requirements, certification req.?-Joc

There are no licensing requirement for you to act as a real estate agent or travel agent.

If you wish to start a real estate office, it would be advisable to incorporate and go through the standard process setting up your business: RNC number, etc.

If you wish to start a travel agency, you must also incorporate, apply to the Ministry of Tourism and provide them with the documentation required, which is quite extensive.