Regulars to North Coast - Using a cashpoint card

Status
Not open for further replies.

santosc

Jan 31, 2007
I assume that there is a bank in playa dorada where we can use our uk debit cards to withdraw money should we run out such as solo or electron card?

many thanks

BushBaby

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
www.casabush.org
There are at least two banks inside the Playa Dorada compund & one - maybe two - cash dispensers.

For us Brits who have lived (happily) in "Splendid Isolation" & away from the modern world for so long, WHAT the HELL is a 'solon' or 'electron' card? Is this the modern vernacular for a debit/cash card?? :ermm: ~ Grahame.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
"solo" is the card for those who just start with their accounts or have little money. "electron" is visa electron, same thing, as i understand.
in time you progress to "maestro" (or is that what was "solo" is "maestro" now?).
anyways, to answer OP's question: you can use visa electron and maestro, look at the small icons on the cash point.
and the rate is better than street exchange so take cards instead of cash.

Dawn W

Sep 3, 2006
Cash Machines

Was in Playa Dorada 3 weeks ago and used these machines. Just checked my bank statements and there is a charge.

wishingiwasthere

Nov 19, 2005
Depends who you bank with - Im with Lloyds TSB ( The Shi**y Bank ) - as you are taking money out in the DR they like to act like some others in the DR and shaft you as well.

I believe Nation Wide do not charge - but check with your own bank.

Have Fun!

Sharlene

Mar 4, 2006
Nationwide UK don't charge.

I use Nationwide (UK Building Society) debit card to withdraw cash from ATM's and they're one of the few banks that don't charge for foreign transactions.

However, as I've stated on another post, keep an eye on your bank statements with regard to withdrawals being refused by the ATM's for whatever reason and then still being debited from your bank account, even though you never withdrew the cash.

Status
Not open for further replies.