Help with Metro Bus

marvin brown

May 17, 2006
I posted this in the Central DR section but no one could help, maybe someone here can. My friends are getting a rental car at the Santiago airport and taking me to the Metro Bus station, could someone please give us the directions. Also if you have it the address of the bus station. Thanks for any help.

Bartolomeo67

Mar 18, 2004
Metro Bus Santiago

The Metro Bus website is definitely not made for foreigners: they tell you everything except for the addresses of their terminals.
The Santiago terminal is located in Los Jardines area on the corner of Calle Maimon and Avenida Juan Pablo Duarte. Get off Av. Estrella Sadhala at Burger King/McDo (?), it's right behind it.
Bartolomeo

C

Chip00

I posted this in the Central DR section but no one could help, maybe someone here can. My friends are getting a rental car at the Santiago airport and taking me to the Metro Bus station, could someone please give us the directions. Also if you have it the address of the bus station. Thanks for any help.

As it was mentioned already it is at the corner of Maimon and Ave. JP Duarte. See map in the attached thread

http://www.dr1.com/forums/central/59243-maps-santiago-moca-rd.html

If you get lost don't sweat it - simply stop and ask someone, preferebly a Taxi driver. Just about everybody knows where the station is at in Santiago. It is also at most 30 min. from the airport during non peak hours.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
luckily there only few turns on tha way from the airport. follow the signs for PUERTO PLATA.
and it's burger king on the corner.

abe

Jan 2, 2002
Just curious --is the Metro bus station the last stop and you are turning in the rental car there? Or are you meeting someone there and continuing to drive the rental car? Because if you are driving the rental car, there are about a dozen other things that people might tell you about highway safety, conditions, etc. If you are simply catching a ride because your friends are renting a car anyway and know all the tricks to driving in the DR (like DON'T DO IT), well.......

marvin brown

May 17, 2006
I have been going to the DR about three times a year for the last six years, I love the place. This is the first time on Jet Blue for me. My friends are renting the car they always do, they are going north to POP and I'm going south on the bus. I'm coming on March 27th and will be staying till mid may. I will be moving around a lot, I'm aways open for good tips about things to do or new places to go. You guys are a great help.