RE:EASTER

M

Milli

RE:EASTER

My friends and I will be arriving on the 16th of April (Palm Sunday)and we are wondering if all the water sport actvities/ tours are cancelled for the entire week or just on those upcoming holiday dates...Good Friday, Easter Sunday, Easter Monday.

Thanks so much!

S

Sylvia

Hi i am really sorry to tell you,that usually in the SAMANA SANTA are no water sports.The dominicans drink alot in this special week and the police is afried of acciendents.

P

Phyllis

Attention Sylvia

So does this mean that the Water Sport guys who work the beach won't have to work that week?? Kind of like a holiday for them?

H

Helen

Hola amigas! I checked with hubby last night re: Easter week and he said that it is Business as usual at PPV but, the number of locals at the resort increases during that weekend. Said that the water sports guys will be working as well. However, news posted in various other mssge boards say otherwise. I do know however, that most hotels in the Playa Dorada complex are fully booked for that week.

J

Jim Hinsch

Belive me, water sports do not shut down during Semana Santa. Motorized water sports are restricted in crowded areas (water skiing, banana boat, snorkel/scuba tour, jet ski, para sail).

M

Milli

Re: Thanks for Easter Info

Thanks to everyone that has answered my question. I do know that the resorts will be booked right up and I look forward to that. I hope that I will get to do the tours that I plan to do!

S

Sylvia

Re: Attention Sylvia

I went to the Sosua Beach today....oh my god!!!! 1000 of people.They came from everywhere and even brought their own tents.They also cooked at the beach. From 12 in the noon there was no music.Alcohol was not allowed. But everybody was drinking!!!For the dominicans RUM is not alcohol. I hope easter is over soon!!!!The town is crowded,the beach is dirty,cause they dont know where to but their waste.... Many accidents in the streets cause people drive drunk. Today 11 deads.

S

Sylvia

Re: Thanks for Easter Info

Trust me !!!There will be NO WATERSPORTS.I live here in SOSUA. The guys from the watersport will be working,but only to watch the beach and the swimmers. Watersports will be to dangerous.Many people will be drunk!!!! The beach will be crowded by dominicans,not by tourists!!! Tents and fireplaces everywhere. The Hotels are mostly over booked at the weekend,cause dominicans fron Santiago cone to spend the SAMANA SANTA at the north coast.