Bathroom Bus Trips

pixelsketch

Mar 1, 2007
Hello to everyne, this is my first post here, so excuse my naievity. My family and I with two small kids will be flying into Santo Domingo before traveling to our destination in Samana. What's the best way to do this. We don't mind taking the bus, but I want to be sure there will be stops along the way for when my kids' 7 yr old bladders kick in.

When I travelled by bus in Ecuador, it meant an 8 hour trip with only one or two stops to gas up for a minute.

Is it worth it to get someone to drive you? If so, what should I expect to spend?

Thanks in advance

vince1956

On Vacation!
May 24, 2006
Hello to everyne, this is my first post here, so excuse my naievity. My family and I with two small kids will be flying into Santo Domingo before traveling to our destination in Samana. What's the best way to do this. We don't mind taking the bus, but I want to be sure there will be stops along the way for when my kids' 7 yr old bladders kick in.

When I travelled by bus in Ecuador, it meant an 8 hour trip with only one or two stops to gas up for a minute.

Is it worth it to get someone to drive you? If so, what should I expect to spend?

Thanks in advance
http://www.dr1.com/forums/travel-directions/38436-driving-santo-domingo-samana-2.html

A old thread but talo posted today btw welcome to dr1

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002

Thanks in advance
The bus stops several times along the way, and probably makes a longer rest stop in San Francisco de Macor?s, which is about half way. It's a 4-5 hour trip.

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
Caribe Tours and Metro have bathrooms on the bus. No paper or water to wash your hands but there is a toilet.

Good idea to carry one of those bottles of instant hand sanitizer that is sold in drug stores in the US and, I'm sure elsewhere. Also toilet paper. Have them with you wherever you go because the buses aren't the only bathrooms you'll encounter without paper and water/soap if you explore the area.

Jasper

Bronze
Jan 10, 2002
last i heard, metro stopped serving samana. caribe stops in san fran de mac. 2 hrs from santo domingo. 2 hrs from samana.

jaguarbob

Bronze
Mar 2, 2004
the busses from caracas and enriquillo,phone number 8096871470...stop about 2 hours into trip for 20 min or so to eat and relieve yourself....then about 2 hours to samana...but will stop along the way if you need to go in an emergency,,,just teell the driver....there are several busses to samana starting at 730 am...
bob