Daylight Saving time 2007

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
A reminder that we ( US and Canada) go forward one hour tonight or 2:00 am Sunday.

It's early this year and might mess up phone calls and programs for those living in the DR.

I believe Europe doesn't change till the end of March.

Humm now what do we do with computers? Do we change the time manually?:ermm:

El Tigre

El Tigre de DR1 - Moderator
Jan 23, 2003
Thanks Tambo.

It was sort of nuts at my job this week with this. People have gone as far as calling it the mini Y2K. Our blackberries and laptops had to be patched up during the course of the week.

SantiagoDR

The "REAL" SantiagoDR
Jan 12, 2006
A reminder that we ( US and Canada) go forward one hour tonight or 2:00 am Sunday.

It's early this year and might mess up phone calls and programs for those living in the DR.

I believe Europe doesn't change till the end of March.

Humm now what do we do with computers? Do we change the time manually?:ermm:

The DR is in the Atlantic time zone and does not do "Daylight Savings Time".
Thus for the most part should not effect us living in the DR and using computers.

Daylight savings time for those countries that observe the new rules, will also last one week longer.

(Haiti is in the Eastern time zone).

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
My computer won't be affected but my TV viewing will improve. I am very happy the change is made earlier this year.

SantiagoDR

The "REAL" SantiagoDR
Jan 12, 2006
My computer won't be affected but my TV viewing will improve. I am very happy the change is made earlier this year.

Yeah,

That's right Ken, now the times will correspond to the advertised time....
On the brighter side, by watching the central time zone and Pacific time zone stations, we have a leed way if we miss a show that is shown at Eastern time.

The following is a test, only a test of the "Emergency User-ID Broadcasting System".
It is not a true picture of my "face", so it should pass the mod censorship. :cheeky: lol

2hdpbn9.gif