Las Terrenas Activities, and breakfast places??

bc01

Mar 13, 2007
hi, Just wondering if there is a local hotel or place in Las Terrenas that you can play pool, or tennis at. I highly doubt that there is a tennis court in LT but I found a website saying that there was, just wanted to check it out here.

Also any suggestions for excellent breakfast places in Las Terrenas???? same for Lunch and dinner. Some of the places i found for dinner were, alisei, atlantis, cafe yuca, coyamar, playa pizza, la dolce vita.. etc..

thanks all

Squat

Tropical geek in Las Terrenas
Jan 1, 2002
I heard about a tennis-court somewhere in LT, but haven't done any homework about it...

Now, the best breakfast of the whole island is served in Atlantis, there's simply no contest !

bc01

Mar 13, 2007
Thanks Squat, I'll definately try out atlantis for breakfast. As to the tennis court in Las Terrenas, I'm curious as to where it is..

Anyone know the whereabouts of the court, and what about the pool table?

thanks

WebDev

Jan 1, 2002
samana.net
Tennis court in Las Terrenas

hi, Just wondering if there is a local hotel or place in Las Terrenas that you can play pool, or tennis at. I highly doubt that there is a tennis court in LT but I found a website saying that there was, just wanted to check it out here.

Also any suggestions for excellent breakfast places in Las Terrenas???? same for Lunch and dinner. Some of the places i found for dinner were, alisei, atlantis, cafe yuca, coyamar, playa pizza, la dolce vita.. etc..

thanks all

Tennis court at Hotel Cacao Beach, they use to have tournements there.

A nice place for lunch or dinner, beside the one you mention, is "La Terrasse" on Pueblo de Los Pescadores. Excellent French food, IMHO, and the view is great.

WebDev

Squat

Jan 1, 2002
what about the pool table?

I know there's one behind Plaza Dennis, in the main street... It is mostly for dominicans, as the music is SOOOO loud, any gringo will have to escape that place after only a couple of minutes...

I am sure there are more pool tables, but chances are it will be infested with low-life tigueres... Your best bet is to investigate the touristic part, and stick to it...

Playero

Aug 24, 2006
Tennis in La Esperanza

There is a tennis club in Barbacoa in the La Esperanza Condominium. At the moment unfortunetely there is only one court ,another two are under construction. The man in charge is a French called Bibou 1 809 720 3771, a very good tennis teacher and he speaks English and Spanish.
Playero

les1

Feb 1, 2007
Little annoys me more than gringos advising that Dominican places like pool halls are infested with low lives and to stick to the tourist places. Make some friends in the Dominican places and eat there too, then you will not be eating rubbish "international" food at rip off prices. Las Terranas is beautiful but I hardly go there because many of the tourists think they are in Martinique not DR. The tourist businesses have stolen the Dominican inheritence and its no wonder many Dominicans resent it.

les1

Feb 1, 2007
Little annoys me more than gringos advising that Dominican places like pool halls are infested with low lives and to stick to the tourist places. Make some friends in the Dominican places and eat there too, then you will not be eating rubbish "international" food at rip off prices. Las Terranas is beautiful but I hardly go there because many of the tourists think they are in Martinique not DR. The tourist businesses have stolen the Dominican inheritence and its no wonder many Dominicans resent it.

Squat

Jan 1, 2002
The tourist businesses have stolen the Dominican inheritence and its no wonder many Dominicans resent it.

Bullshyte... I can see you don't know what you are writing about...

les1

Feb 1, 2007
Not bull**** I have been to DR for 12 years and my wife is dominican I think you should stop insulting dominicans, get out of the tourist areas and make some friends. In fact some French people bought large parts of prime land many years ago and now its worth millions of dollars. No wonder dominicans resent it. I have never been anywhere else in DR where you are greeted with Bonjour in a cake shop, no wonder dominicans resent the cultural imperialism that has transformed a beautiful part of the country into a virtual colony.

mountainfrog

On Vacation!
Dec 8, 2003
www.domrep-info.com
Totally Wrong

....Make some friends in the Dominican places and eat there too, then you will not be eating rubbish "international" food at rip off prices.
Many foreigners (residents and tourists alike) eat in 'comedores', others in 'international' restaurants; matter of taste, I suppose. The good thing about LT is, that you have a choice.
I for one often go to a gringo owned restaurant that offers a four-course lunch for 150 RD$, has a clean toilet and friendly and quick waiters. They also have Dominican dishes (130 RD$) and there's always a good number of Dominicans there.

... The tourist businesses have stolen the Dominican inheritence...
Like what?

m'frog

BTW, it's Las Terrenas.

T

thecoolone

it is funny to me how ignorant you are...

Bullshyte... I can see you don't know what you are writing about...

your comments are idiotic and let me remind you that this is DOMINICAN REPUBLIC if you think you are so superior than why the **** are you here?!?!? :p

Last edited:

Squat

Jan 1, 2002
your comments are idiotic and let me remind you that this is DOMINICAN REPUBLIC if you think you are so superior than why the **** are you here?!?!? :p
No one is pretending to be superior, but some common sense is required. Before riding your white horse, try to understand what the situation is. Otherwise it is useless...

Juniper

Apr 15, 2004
To Thecoolone

Boy you are one angry dude. I don't know what your problem is but you
are not convincing anyone with your attitude.

I am Dominican and love a lot of aspects of being in Las Terrenas but the
truth of the matter is that the local Dominicans "ARE LOUD". Most of them
are actually losing their hearing!

Additionally, the beaches in the DR were always there for years and years and no one ever did anything with them until the foreigners arrived.

The truth of the matter is that they have brought lots of employment to the area.

"I have never been anywhere else in DR where you are greeted with Bonjour in a cake shop"

Actually, I always say "hola" or "buenos dias" when I enter any commercial establishment regardless of the language they speak and always speak Spanish because we are in a Spanish speaking country.

So who is your gripe with? The Americans or the French?

Squat

Jan 1, 2002
Additionally, the beaches in the DR were always there for years and years and no one ever did anything with them until the foreigners arrived.

The truth of the matter is that they have brought lots of employment to the area.
Thanks Juniper for speaking the truth :)