DR1 Login Issues

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
I know some of you have had login issues, appearing as your never logged in or always being logged out. We had a hard time duplicating the problem but think we have solved it, apparently it relates to the media gallery that uses this message board as it's back end.

If your still having problems, please post the details in this thread.

Thanks.

Campesina

Sep 12, 2004
On my office computer, my login doesn't appear until after I click "today's posts", but I stay logged in, even after a shutdown. On my home computer, it does not appear unless I click "remember me" and I have to log in each time I go into DR1.

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
On my office computer, my login doesn't appear until after I click "today's posts", but I stay logged in, even after a shutdown. On my home computer, it does not appear unless I click "remember me" and I have to log in each time I go into DR1.

How about now?

Campesina

Sep 12, 2004
Ok, I just did a reboot of my office computer and I stayed logged in, but I only see that I am logged in after I click "todays posts". I will go upstairs and check my home computer later and let you know.

Campesina

Sep 12, 2004
I just trried to log out, and cannot. I stay logged in even though I get a message that I have logged out.

jrzyguy

Bronze
May 5, 2004
i have the same problem....cant log in to save my life. BUt when i go to todays posts...i am automaticaly logged in (both at home and at work...2 different names).

KeithUK

Feb 8, 2006

Robert,

First time I have been able to log in since 26th January, hope the problem is fixed now. You have a great site here and its a shame when members cant access it.
Keep up the good work.
Regards
Keith

Lambada

Gold
Mar 4, 2004
www.ginniebedggood.com
I just trried to log out, and cannot. I stay logged in even though I get a message that I have logged out.

That's exactly what I had a week or so back. You can read what I did to solve problem on Message Board Hacked thread post 80 and my earlier bleats for help on same thread.......:cheeky:
http://www.dr1.com/forums/general-stuff/60355-message-board-hacked-8.html

Don't know if what I did will help you but you could always give it a try. Let us know if it works for you.

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
I log in and get the thanks for logging in notice, but I am not logged in because I can't post. But I was able to read Robert's message that problem was fixed and campesina's message that said it was necessary to click on "remember me". I tried that and here I am, logged in.

Prior to clicking on "remember me" I tried to log in 5 times without success.

Campesina

Sep 12, 2004
I am at my home computer, and after clicking "todays posts" I logged in without checking the "remember me" and it worked just fine. Thanks for correcting that problem.

Malory

Jul 27, 2006
My problems

I know some of you have had login issues, appearing as your never logged in or always being logged out. We had a hard time duplicating the problem but think we have solved it, apparently it relates to the media gallery that uses this message board as it's back end.

If your still having problems, please post the details in this thread.

Thanks.

When I first go to DR1, I get the Daily news (Home page I assume?) I then click on message board and I am told I must sign in. I click on Join communities and am told I am already signed in as Malory

I don?t know if these screen shots will appear, but

Then I click on new posts and select ?All posts? and I am allowed to see all new posts since my last visit, except that I must read them in reverse (Newest to oldest)

It?s been like that for months for me, but it works 

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
When I first go to DR1, I get the Daily news (Home page I assume?) I then click on message board and I am told I must sign in. I click on Join communities and am told I am already signed in as Malory

I don?t know if these screen shots will appear, but

Then I click on new posts and select ?All posts? and I am allowed to see all new posts since my last visit, except that I must read them in reverse (Newest to oldest)

It?s been like that for months for me, but it works 

And now after you have cleared your cookies?

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
Well, almost. Anna ran out of time, as surfing the site through a proxy server is pretty weird. It would seem that Rogers is not getting along with Codetel.

OMG I can't beleive but I might be posting at this time lol

I've signed in a million times it seems and yes I have clicked on the remember me box.

Thanks for your help Marco

Malory

Jul 27, 2006
And now after you have cleared your cookies?

Yes, and deleted temp files, used Firefox, Opera and still same situation

It was same issue with I.E 6.0 and now 7.0, type my name in and click enter, tells me I must join and so forth

No big deal, just have to learn to read posts in reverse

Gringo

Bronze
Jan 1, 2002
Robert, since the Hack. I go to dr1.com as usual, read the front page news, click on message board just like always, accept now I'm prompted for my user name and password. I just Ignore, click on arcade or anything get redirected and then click on new posts just like before, works, just a little more complicated. :)

2LeftFeet

Bronze
Dec 1, 2006
Hi Robert I'm finally on signed on--- I don't need to sign on--ever again-- but I don't care--- as long as I'm on!

Gringo

Bronze
Jan 1, 2002
Robert, since the Hack. I go to dr1.com as usual, read the front page news, click on message board just like always, accept now I'm prompted for my user name and password. I just Ignore, click on arcade or anything get redirected and then click on new posts just like before, works, just a little more complicated. :)

Interesting, I loged out to clear my cookies, board says my cookies are all cleared, but did not have to log back in.
Not a problem for me. just trying to help.