2007 Hurricane Forecast

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
The team from Colorado announced their first forecast today for the 2007 season:

17 named storms
9 hurricanes
5 category 3-5

About the same as last year, however, we were protected in the worst months by an El Nino. Whether we will be so lucky this year, remains to be seen.

The forecast will be updated again at the start of the season and at least once during the season.

Chris will soon be announcing her own forecast, something like the team in Colorado don't know what they are talking about and the smart money is on nothing more than 2 days with winds above 35 mph.

Kyle

Silver
Jun 2, 2006
hmmm, i love it when the chicas get their hair wet. it looks so sexy....:laugh:

sorry.....

Last edited:

Chris

Gold
Oct 21, 2002
www.caribbetech.com
As usual around this time of the year, a little cosmic candy ..

"Hurricane Richard" claims that he can control the strenght of hurricanes - at least on the Baja coast. But alas, to our detriment, his powers over hurricanes do not reach to the Atlantic Hurricanes.
Hurricanes - Psychic Destruction

Unfortunately, my favorite psychic circle re-focused their business energies on the US election 2008. So, they are not into hurricane forecasting this year. (More money in selling predictions about Clinton and Crew!) Also, their prices have gone up. And DR1 is moving to a new server, so they have no money to pay for this valuable service this year. Generally, as I am a regular customer, they were kind enough to let me know that the 2007 hurricane season will have more storms than the 2006 season, and that dire, dark and catastrophic happenings can be expected as a result of climate change.

More seriously, earlier in the year, forecasters announced that a La Ni?a pattern is forming. Traditionally in La Nina years, we get more hurricanes. A big proponent of this is Dr Jeff Masters from Wunderground .. or Weather Underground (I never understood that name!) Dr Masters writes about the La Ni?a effect in his blog Wunder Blog : Weather Underground

As you can see, I'm not yet completely motivated to consider the 2007 hurricane season seriously - we have a little time to go yet, and I aim to make the most of it before I have to live, breathe and study the weather for a few hours daily. Let's first get through our local little hurricane, the DR1 move to a new server this weekend!

Ladybird

Bronze
Dec 15, 2003
dreamteamdownloads1.com
The team from Colorado announced their first forecast today for the 2007 season:

17 named storms
9 hurricanes
5 category 3-5

About the same as last year, however, we were protected in the worst months by an El Nino. Whether we will be so lucky this year, remains to be seen.

The forecast will be updated again at the start of the season and at least once during the season.

Chris will soon be announcing her own forecast, something like the team in Colorado don't know what they are talking about and the smart money is on nothing more than 2 days with winds above 35 mph.

Ken please keep us updated I do not want to be in my beachfront home if the warnings start to get serious. The sky and the sea are scary enough in just a bad storm. I'll move up and in.

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
Ladybird, you will have plenty of warning. Hurricanes don't drop out of the sky like tornados. You can be sure that every tropical storm/hurricane, real or potential, will be reported on this board and you will have ample notice if there is any reason to move. Odds are very much in our favor in Sosua because these storms have almost always turned north before getting to Sosua.