Reputable Real Estate Agencies in Santiago

Prodical

Apr 14, 2007
Hello everyone. I am new to this site, but am not new to the DR. I have made two trips to the North Coast, staying in POP and Sosua. I am currently contemplating a move to the DR in 08 or 09. I will be working in Santiago, but have never been there before. I am single and would like to buy a condo/apartment initially. I have looked at some properties on different DR Real Estate sites, but have not found very many listings for Santiago. I am looking for reputable agencies that sell properties in Santiago. I am also wondering with the abundance of properties for sale on the North Coast, whether it may be smarter to buy there and commute?

I thought I would reach out and ask the experts!;) Any information or help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,

Prodical

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Is that "Prodigal" or "Prodical"???

Anyway, the way to buy is to hook up with a local agent/salesperson, usually a woman. They move around town and find properties, their friends tell them of properties, and they find clients.

If you want, send me a PM, and at least I can point you in the right direction.

Commuting from the North Coast is almost out of the question. Depending on what you will be doing, work around here starts at 7 or 8 in the morning....and ends at five or six or later in the evening...

What will you be doing??? (If you want to tell us, that is...)

HB

Prodical

Apr 14, 2007
Thanks Hillbilly and Robert! I will take your advice...

Hillbilly...it's actually Prodical! I know it's the wrong spelling..long story! :)
Actually as for work it will be connected to a ministy located down there in Santiago. I am not sure, but I believe I will have alot of freedom on my hours. I had just noticed that on the various real estate sites that there was more property available on the North Coast, plus I have some familiarity with that area. As things progress on my end, I will get into contact with you for some more help. I may be coming down for a week or so in either June or September, so maybe we can get together and talk?

Thanks again guys!

ovbabies

Apr 16, 2007
hi

Maybe commuting will be a bit too much. I just came from Santiago yesterday... I was raised there and precisely I am looking to organize a school there as well. My brother is an architect and showed me around many places that may be suitable for you. Make you target good areas like Rincon largo, los cerros de gurabo***, la trinitaria, la rinconada, cerro hermoso, la zurza, los jardines and la zona monumental. If you need additional info, please do not hesitate to contact me @ ovbabies@aol.com. Good luck and I truly hope that you conquer your wishes.

Hello everyone. I am new to this site, but am not new to the DR. I have made two trips to the North Coast, staying in POP and Sosua. I am currently contemplating a move to the DR in 08 or 09. I will be working in Santiago, but have never been there before. I am single and would like to buy a condo/apartment initially. I have looked at some properties on different DR Real Estate sites, but have not found very many listings for Santiago. I am looking for reputable agencies that sell properties in Santiago. I am also wondering with the abundance of properties for sale on the North Coast, whether it may be smarter to buy there and commute?

I thought I would reach out and ask the experts!;) Any information or help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,

Prodical

Prodical

Apr 14, 2007
ovbabies....Thanks for the information. The ministry is already functioning there in Santiago, but I'm still waiting to find out where the exact location is.

I think another option may be for me to purchase a place on the North Coast, and possibly rent initially in Santiago. This way I'd be able to go to the North Coast for weekends and such, and also gain some additional income from renting the place out. I can also save money when renting it out by not having to pay someone a fee for maintance, since I will be so close. By renting, I can get a feel for the city of Santiago and have time to make a wise decision on a property. I am 32 years old and am single, but who knows...that may change by the time of my move or while there!

Prodical

StellaRay

Apr 8, 2007
I think that it's definitely good idea to rent for a bit. Santiago is an amazing city, but not everywhere works for everyone, so it's a good idea to test it out. I obviously don't know the details of your job, but I would check with the ministry about getting some help. I know one specific group down there that always helps their new employees set up rentals, so yours might do that as well or have contacts with another group that does.

Prodical

Apr 14, 2007
Great Advice StellaRay...I will be doing that for sure. I think they at least will help with the contacts for sure. Financially though I would be on my own which is something that I have already anticipated and am planning for!