Implementation of New Land Registry Law

Fabio J. Guzman

DR1 Expert
Jan 1, 2002
www.drlawyer.com
The new Land Registry Law #168=05 was put in effect last week, on April 4, 2007. The Supreme Court, however, delayed the applications of certain very important provisions of the law, such as, the new additional registry tax of 2%and the prohibition of recording sales of properties without deslindes.

The 2% will come into effect sometime in the near future upon creation of the Indemnity Fund, a kind of government title insurance.

Deeds of Sale of "undeslinded" properties executed before April 4, 2007 will be permitted to be recorded until April 4, 2009. For sales executed on April 4, 2007 or later, only one conveyance per ?undeslinded? property will be permitted provided that the entire property is being transferred. This means that if you have a 10,000 M2 property without a deslinde, you may be able to sell the whole property but not a portion thereof.

I?ll be sending Robert next week a new overview on land purchases in the DR to replace the sticky post on that subject found above.

Fabio J. Guzman

DR1 Expert
Jan 1, 2002
www.drlawyer.com
Existing condos are exempted from the prohibition.

For sales executed on April 4, 2007 or later, only one conveyance per ?undeslinded? property will be permitted provided that the entire property is transferred. Sales of portions will not be allowed.

nathalie.b

Aug 17, 2006
deslinde

yo voy a comprar mas o menos 4 tareas a un dueno de una finca; su finca tiene mas de 100 tareas. Si entiendo bien la ley, este dueno no puede venderme solo estas 4 tareas sin hacer un deslindo, ? verdad?
?quien tiene que pagar el agrimensor que hara el deslindo ?
Me parece que deberia ser el dueno, si no lo hace, no podria venderme las 4 tareas...?
qu? piensa Ud ? qu?? dice la ley ?

Sharon Ann

Mar 1, 2007
I had an opportunity recently to be part owner of a small parcel of land which is owned by a friend of mine. He needs money and I would love to be part owner of his property. Does this new law mean that he can no longer can sell part of this property to me, but could only sell it all?

Sharon Ann

Mar 1, 2007
buying land

:bored:

Can anyone give me some answers?
I had an opportunity recently to be part owner of a small parcel of land which is owned by a friend of mine in the DR. He needs money and I would love to be part owner of his property. Does this new law mean that he can no longer can sell part of this property to me, but could only sell it all?
Also I have looked at a small parcel of land in Imbert which is 275 sq meters with drilled well it is going for $19,000 does this sound reasonable or is it over priced?

J D Sauser

Silver
Nov 20, 2004
www.hispanosuizainvest.com
:bored: Also I have looked at a small parcel of land in Imbert which is 275 sq meters with drilled well it is going for $19,000 does this sound reasonable or is it over priced?

Thats almost USD70.oo/m2 or over RD$2200.oo/m2. I don't know Imbert well enough but I just assisted a Dominican buying a developed building plot in La Vega (deslindado) with a gated entry, roads and basic services at RD$1200.oo/m2. So, your's seems to sound rather expensive... but then again, I haven't seen it.

... J-D.

jparra

Oct 28, 2003
New property law. REf. "pro-indiv?so"

I own a plot of land with a friend. I own 6000m2 and he owns 5000m2.
I wanto to sell my part to a 3rd party, as the property is "pro-indiviso", I can not do a "deslinde".
Does this mean I can not sell my 6000m2?
Thank you for your help
John

Sharlene

Mar 4, 2006
Please excuse my ignorance here because I've not dealt with this subject before, but I wish to purchase a parcel of land that has a deslinde. The size of the land is approx 4300 sqm. It is my wish to divide the land into 4 plots and then sell them on as 4 separate building plots. Would I then have to have a new deslinde produced showing the 4 separate plots? And would this take up to 6 months as estimated on previous posts? I just don't want to be in a position where I've purchased the land and can't do anything with it for 6 months. It's just that I appear to have interested purchasers already and who knows what the situation would be in 6 months time.....

zak023

Done and dusted!
Feb 8, 2006
:bored: Also I have looked at a small parcel of land in Imbert which is 275 sq meters with drilled well it is going for $19,000 does this sound reasonable or is it over priced?

I paid $5,000 for a lot twice that size..Ocean view..water and electricity..I would say that price is way too high..I don?t care where it is...