We're going to Samana!

Sibby&Carl

Apr 17, 2007
Hello everyone this website is brilliant!

We've recently booked a holiday to Samana on the information that this would be the ideal place for adventurers, since booking the holiday we've tried to search for activities and have come up with very few. We're sure that it will be a really beautiful place, however we are begining to worry that Samana may be the sort of location for a relaxing beach holiday. :ermm:

Can anyone restore our confidence and give us any info on the types of adventurous activities that may be available??

Thank you

:bunny:

Sibby&Carl

Apr 17, 2007
Thanks a lot for the reply Andy B! Real cool website, it looks like the place for us, ye ee ye ee!

Just out of interest though what are yours (& anyone else reading this) 'must do's' in Samana: - Which waterfall to see, what beach to visit, favourite restaurant, and favourite things to do.....

Thanks again!

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
Waterfall - Salto Lim?n
Beach - Playa Rinc?n
Restaurants - in Saman? city I like Le France, and the beach seafood places on Rinc?n.
Guariquen in Las Galeras have a list of nature trails and other interesting things to do.
The CEBSE conservation centre in Saman? city is also worth a visit.

Sibby&Carl

Apr 17, 2007
Thank you Chirimoya!

The website you gave me doesn't come in English though, lol... I defiantly want to go on some nature trails and excursions. Any suggestions or another website pretty please?

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
I know - perhaps you could get someone to help you with one of the other languages? It really is worth it.

Sibby&Carl

Apr 17, 2007
Nice one WebDev.

Already looked on google of course and there is lots of info. I was targeting the people who have already been to Samana. Its different hearing from someone who has actual experience then reading articles by a travel agent etc.

I'm looking for suggestions like what Chirimoya gave me. So I know whats in store when we go to this beautiful location.

Me_again

Bronze
Nov 21, 2004
If you do Salto de Limon -- avoid the trek the day after a heavy rain. Give it a day or two to dry out a bit.

Thegirlnextdoor

Feb 22, 2007
^^ Urgh it's not raining out there is it?

Froggy...STOP lol, You make me laugh so much, I cannot post ANYTHING, without you seeing it...and I'm going to Samana not Rio San Juan :)

Sibby&Carl

Apr 17, 2007
Hey GirlNextDoor, so your going today!!!! Have a good time and tell us all about it when you come back. Hope the weather is good too.....

We arent going until Aug 30th

Thegirlnextdoor

Feb 22, 2007
Ooooh I LOVED it, Didn't really spend much time in Samana itself, was always just kinda passing through, LG was nice though, think I might prefer it to RioSanJuan, it's more mellow and quiet...going back in July yay.
Weather was nice, a little bit of rain but not much :)

The airport needs more shops though lol