Greetings from the Riu Palace

A

Anyonebut

This message is for all who are on their way to the Riu Palace especially Karen Stanek. The palace is beautiful. We did have some difficulty getting the ocean view room. We actually ended up with a view of the rooftops of the stores on Carribean street. We begged and were finally moved to a gorgeous ocean view today. The beach is great. The water isn't as blue as Cancun however. The service is ok. The people here are absolutely beautiful. We are making use of the Spanish phrasebook. Don't forget to pack it. Also remember to pack a pen for filling out forms in customs. We forgot that and had some trouble. We saw a show that was decent last night. It did rain here this morning but it cleared by the time we went to the beach. There is a nice internet cafe here. 7.00US for 20 minutes. We go on the jeep safari tomorrow. The food is different but ok. Some things aren't identifiable but that makes it fun. Overall, we are having a good trip. Just don't let them put you on that bottom floor. The rooms aren't as great. We have vaulted ceilings on the top floor and the rooms seem brighter. I was bitten by mosquitos last night so pack the spray.

K

Karen

Hi Pam! I am glad you arrived safely! I hope you have good weather and a great time, and I will see you in a few days. Karen

A

Anyonebut

Re: More fromm the Riu Palace

Day four at the Riu Palace. This vacation has definitely taken a turn for the better. When you arrive insist on a room that is on the top floor. The room on the first floor that we had smelled a bit like mildew, the shower head was broken and the toilet had difficulties. The new room is perfect. Bring bandaids and something to clean cuts. I was injured twice during the Bravaro Runners Safari (cuts and bites). Two bug bites that itch. I am glad I did the malaria precautions. Instead of packing candies for the children on the tour, I would pack pencils and spare childrens clothing. We went to a Hatian sugar cane plantation. The children were barefooted and had very little clothing. They don't have dental care available. The people on the tour tossed candy and pencils out of the truck. The weather was perfect today. The food has been super for breakfast and dinner. Lunches have been very European. I can't explain what is lacking there but it is still good.Oh for Karen Stanek, we are in room 3361. See you soon.

K

Karen

Pam, I am glad you are having fun, see you Monday! Karen

N

Norma

Karen,

Would you find out what the weather will be like in May. Bill and I are planning on going to the RIU PALACE on May 22 for one week. Write back on the board if you can.