Bad Storm

scotpgot

May 26, 2004
www.jazzwriter.com
It's 6:13 pm on Monday, 7 May. HEAVY rains, STRONG winds. Trees and electric wires down in the streets. Anybody know what's going on? Bad storm? Tropical storm? Low-grade hurricane?

Matilda

RIP Lindsay
Sep 13, 2006
I can see it on stormcarib.com. Big red blob then little pause then you'll get another one. Beautiful evening here in Juan Dolio - blue skies. Sorry!!!

scotpgot

May 26, 2004
www.jazzwriter.com
Power's off as well where I am (La Barbacoa, in between Portillo and El Lim?n). Not sure if it's because it got shut off or because the lines are down.

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
We have had heavy rains most of the afternoon here in Santiago.
Stay well, and dry!!

HB

jonezy

May 9, 2007
May 14-18 bad time to come to PC?

Hi everyone, we have had our trip scheduled to come to Putna Cana from May 14-18 for months and have been so excited. I will absolutely be devastated if it rains the entire time, which weather.com says it's going to. Can anyone assist? Is there supposed to be a big storm then or will it just be the typical brief showers?
Thanks!

Bob K

Silver
Aug 16, 2004
Hi everyone, we have had our trip scheduled to come to Putna Cana from May 14-18 for months and have been so excited. I will absolutely be devastated if it rains the entire time, which weather.com says it's going to. Can anyone assist? Is there supposed to be a big storm then or will it just be the typical brief showers?
Thanks!

You have to be kidding. What will the weather be like in week or two??

Currently looking out my window the forcast is for cloudy weather this morning. check in this afternoon for the current afternoon forcast.

Really at this time of year most days will be sunny with partly cloudy afternoons and a chance of brief showers late in the day.

Bob K

Sep 19, 2005
when at the resort , get up early...my buddy went to punta cana late april..it was sunny everyday till early afternoon..then it clouded over and by late afternoon it rained...every day they said...

I have been going for a few years to the DR, and I dont think I have ever seen a yahoo weather forecast that didnt have thunderstorms predicted 75% of the days listed..and clouds the rest. But more than 50% of the time it is nice. Heck it is cloudy and gloomy in santiago...we go to Sosua anyway, get over the top of the mountain, and there is sunny, blue skies on the other side!!

ps I guess the DR isnt southern california ha ha ha ha

good luck

bob

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Really bad storm hit Dajab?n area yesterday afternoon.
Over a dozen injured, trees, light poles torn up. Many buildings lost roof sheeting.
Apparently a very strong, very concentrated, near tornado, but no funnels reported.

HB

M.A.R.

Silver
Feb 18, 2006
Huge Tornado

In the news I heard last night about this bad tornado, they said the city was almost destroyed, does anyone have more detailed news. They mentioned 80% of the houses had damages. It lasted 15 minutes!!!

From my experience it rains almost the whole month of May in the DR. One May 15th when I was a girl in the DR, a tornado hit our campo, and only our area because when we asked the neighboring campos how they came out with the storm, they were puzzled, what storm? It only hit us and all the trees were uprooted or twisted off, it was sooooo scary, it lasted also about 15 minutes but believe it not, none of those wooden houses came down :cheeky:

mudrover

Feb 25, 2007
Tornado damage

The tornado hit the town of Dajabon...on the D.R/Haiti border. It caused approx. RD150 MILLION damage. Took out about 30% of the houses...with 38 people injured...none life threating. Power and water are trying to be restored. You can read about it at: .

Cheers!

C

Chip00

A buddy of mine is in Dajabon and he said the damage is widespread "there are hardly any houses left standing". He also said the old fort there was destroyed as well. The people there are saying it was a tornado.

Rocky

Honorificabilitudinitatibus
Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
A buddy of mine is in Dajabon and he said the damage is widespread "there are hardly any houses left standing". He also said the old fort there was destroyed as well. The people there are saying it was a tornado.
I watched it all on TV, and it was looking like a Katrina disaster.