Ozama, Santo Domingo

J

jocelyn

I am looking for information on the Ozama district of Santo Domingo. I am considering living there for a year and am wondering what the district is like and if there are any secondary schools and work opportunities within the district itself. I am a certified ESL teacher but have other work experiences. I want to learn about Dominican culture, meet Dominican people and improve my Spanish. In return, I hope I can share my talents. Thanks in advance.

D

DR1

What you call the Ozama district is a large neighborhood located in the eastern section of the city of Santo Domingo. Santo Domingo is split east and west by the Ozama River. The eastern side of Santo Domingo is a city in itself. There are many neighborhood language schools where surely you can find employment. The Ministry of Education is also hiring ESL teachers for the public school system. There are several high schools located in the eastern side of Santo Domingo.

V

Vilma

My mother lives in the Enzanche Ozama, which is like a urban subdivision. I have visited many times and it is a nice, friendly area with everything close by, and seems to have a strong community spirit, at least my mom seems to know every single person on her block. I will be traveling there this friday, 4/29 to spend 2 weeks visiting. When are you planning to move there?

C

Claudia

I work on that area and it has very nice neighborhoods, I personally like it better, there is less traffic, it is cleaner and very peacefull.