dominican republic

S

skifab

we are planning a trip there in may-june, any advice, on what to see? eat and do? should we change money here or there? what sidfed of the island better, any info would be appreciated...thanks

T

Tom

If you post a more detailed message of your "likes and dislikes" I'm sure you will get a more informed response

Tom

D

DEF

Hey Tom: South Coast. Nicer beaches and more nightlife. Try Boca Chica , or Jaun Dolio.

M

Mimi

Check out www.bocachicabeach.net. It will answer all your questions about the south.

D

DR1

Request a copy of the Dominican Republic Vacation Planner. We prepared the content for this large brochure. It will help you decide where you want to vacation in the DR. Call 1-800-723-6138 to request a free copy.

N

Natasha

Dolores,

Is the vacation planner available at the DR Embassy here in DC?

Thanks, Natasha

R

ROBERT SAUNDERS

I just returned from Samana and Las Galeras. Cayo Leventado is really worth going to as part of a tour, so is Limon Waterfall. I
liked Las Teranas also. If you are after night life go to Boca Chica or Juan Dolio. If you are a beach person I think the North Coast is better myself. Personally I have a good time all over the island. This time i visited Moca and found the Cathedral interesting. My wife is from Jarabacoa and i love it there, friendly people and clean Air. Have fun where ever you are going.

J

Jim Hinsch

Juan Dolio for night life? I don't think so. Go to Juan Dolio if you want it quiet but still want to be reasonably close to Santo Domingo. Outside of the few large all-inclusives, there isn't much of anything in Juan Dolio. There's more nightlife in Punta Cana, which has very little nightlife.

The beaches are nice everywhere, but those of the north coast don't compare to the southeast (gold and grainy vs. white and powdery).