Santo Domingo Airport to Casa del Mar???

jdl

May 14, 2007
What are the alternatives? Our flight ends in Santo Domingo, and haven't been able to find flights from Santo to La Romana airport.
So how much would a taxi or shuttle bus (?) cost? And about how long?
Thanks.

Rick Snyder

Silver
Nov 19, 2003
Jdl,

Welcome to DR1, your 'everything you want to know about the DR' message board.

There are a few ways to do this and a lot has to do with how many people we are talking about, how much luggage is involved and how much you are willing to spend. The trip to Romans is about a 4 1/2 hour trip, assuming Romana is where you want to go and not the Romana airport.

The person that posted above is a taxi driver and that will be the most expensive means of transportation for you other then flying. I will also forewarn you that taxis charge outrageous prices for this trip in comparison to something such as a bus.

Rick

Tamborista

hasta la tambora
Apr 4, 2005
I charge much less than normal taxiprice.
I do transportations to and from all airports.

Are a you a licensed tour operator?
Strange things have happened to unlicensed Taxi's doing airport pickups.

I would be careful making pickups at SDQ with a sign if you are not a licensed Taxi Turistico. I am not trying to hurt your business, just be aware of the situation.

tambo'

Mirador

On Permanent Vacation!
Apr 15, 2004
Dre Broeders, could you please pm me your phone number and a description (a pic better) of your vehicle.

jdl

May 14, 2007
The hotel has already arranged transport for us. How long will the drive be from STD to Bayahibe??