Gran Ventana Beach Resort

Status
Not open for further replies.

palmtree1958

May 16, 2007
Hi.... I'm planning my 50th birthday trip and was wondering if anyone has stayed at the Gran Ventana Resort. We will be travelling during march break of 2008. We would like to stay at a resort that will not be overrun with teens. Our original choice was the Bahia Principe San Juan but I changed my mind when I read some reviews that said there were 600 rowdy teens on the property during the March Break holiday. Any info about Gran Ventana would be appreciated.

DavidZ

Silver
Aug 29, 2005
www.vipcigartours.com
I think Playa Dorada in general will have more spring breakers than the Bahia Principe...if not at that resort, all over the beach and the restaurants bars at the shopping plaza next door...

x-charm-x*/

Jan 2, 2007
gran ventana

gran ventana is a great hotel! we went in jan 2006 & when we return 2 playa dorada we was actaully thinkin of stayin the night in gran ventana as the hotel we was stayin in was not up 2 scrach! highly recommended

canyonator

May 10, 2007
spring break

We just stayed at the Viva Wyndam Playa dorado, thought to be nice and quiet for a family vacation, It Was party Central during April's Spring break till the wee hours of the morning

Charlielyn

Bronze
Jul 31, 2005
Gran Ventana is more adult oriented than other hotels as it is pricier than the ones where teens go and there is no disco on site. It is a beautiful resort right on the ocean.

dot

Jun 19, 2005
www.beyondthebeach.ca
I agree with Charlielyn that the Gran Ventana does not seem to get large crowds of teens without parents. We have stayed there 6 times but not during March Break. We have been there however during Easter and during Christmas/New Years.

Without a disco on site, most young people tend to go to Roadway, Hemingway's or to Holiday Golden Village to Mangu at night.

Never had a problem with rowdy behaviour. You can check out our photos at:
dot_49's photos and albums on webshots and e-mail me at dot_49@yahoo.com if you have any questions.

Status
Not open for further replies.