are there counselling jobs......

rachaelsydney

May 21, 2007
Hi there,
I was wondering whether you could help me..
I was wanting to know whether Public Dominican Schools hire School counsellors? Do private schools there hire cousellors? Is there actual work for people who have a degree in psychotherapy/counselling in the Dominican Republic? any information
would be great.
much thanks in advance,
Rachael Welch.
Sydney,Aus.

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Most schools in major provincial capitals do have counselors. Many are trained in psychology and others in education and some in social work. It is a mixed bag.
Private schools have them too.

HB

rachaelsydney

May 21, 2007
haha what spanish? ;)
I'm going to start taking lessons soon.
I'm actually going to be volunteering there in January next year (just 6 weeks) teaching english. But I'm doing a degree in psychotherapy, i'd love to blend it somehow with teaching or something- and I want to work with public system, the ones that require the assisstance the most. arrr dreams, but I really feel I want to be there....I'm not sure why? perhaps lived there in a past life! ;)

carls

Feb 28, 2006
I think that Cap Cana has a very interesting school project,try to search over there,I think this school will give some of the class in inglish, so if you are in real from Australia I think that you will have some edge on it.