The mayor of the village Haverstraw, New York is on CRACK!

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
I guess they gave him a nice lunch and drove him around in a shiny new jeepeta.

-------------

The newspaper El Nacional reports today Wednesday that Francis J. Wassner, in a visit to National Police chief Bernardo Santana, said "the perception which I have of the Police is that the service it?s rendering is excellent and in fact, according to my appreciation, the Police seems more trained and more professional in the manner it approaches things than our own Police in the United States."

http://www.dominicantoday.com/app/article.aspx?id=24035

-------------

This is a typical misinformed comment from a suit that should have stayed in Haverstraw sipping coffee and eating buns with the Wednesday morning ladies club .

If I was a cop back in the village of Haverstraw I wouldn't be very happy.

Yes, the police service is improving here, but to say it's better than the USA is completely ridiculous in my opinion.

Squat

Tropical geek in Las Terrenas
Jan 1, 2002
Let's have this guy in Las Terrenas for a couple of weeks, so he can face reality !

NALs

Economist by Profession
Jan 20, 2003
Yeup, very professional.

All police forces go through their moments, remember the Rodney King ordeal?

But the mayor of that town needs to see this: the "professional" AMET police at work.

Like I said, very professional.

-NALs:surprised

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
I bet even his hosts couldn't keep a straight face when they heard that.

NALs said:
But the mayor of that town needs to see this: the "professional" AMET police at work.

Like I said, very professional.
Yikes - and they're supposed to be the good (or less bad) ones. FWIW I've never seen anything like this from AMET.

aegap

Silver
Mar 19, 2005
I bet even his hosts couldn't keep a straight face when they heard that.

Yikes - and they're supposed to be the good (or less bad) ones. FWIW I've never seen anything like this from AMET.

Hey, atleast the other agents tried to retrain him immidiately.

Don Juan

Living Brain Donor
Dec 5, 2003
What happened? Did the AMET cop kill the driver? I couldn't tell for sure what all this was about!

Mirador

On Permanent Vacation!
Apr 15, 2004
....This is a typical misinformed comment from a suit that should have stayed in Haverstraw sipping coffee and eating buns with the Wednesday morning ladies club . ....

I though they ate donuts, not buns...

Denmay565

Dec 6, 2005
To put it in perspective, The Village of Haverstraw, NY ( pop. 10 thousand)doesn't have a Police Department and there is a movement in place to have the Village disbanded and merged into the Town of Haverstraw which currently handles the police function for the Village. In other words, the mayor of the Village of Haverstraw is less relevant than a greeter at Walmart.

El Tigre

El Tigre de DR1 - Moderator
Jan 23, 2003
I guess his Dominican buddies paid for his trip to the DR. There is a very large concentration of Dominicans in Harverstraw. I have a cousin that has lived there since the 90s with his wife and kids.