icologia no quiere decir yo corto arboles y riego legia

mariaobetsanov

Jan 2, 2002
It is.. vandalism". "Wantonly to destroy or to permit to distrution of what is buetiful in nature, whether it be a cliff, a forest, or a species of mamal or bird, Here we turn our rivers and streams into sewers and dump-ing-grounds,we polute the air with cement, and gasoline by-products, we destroy the forest (look up- the hills in La Vega) and we externinate fishes, birds and mamals --- not to speak of vulgarizing charming lansdscape with hideous advertiments. But at last it looks as if oour people are awakening."
progress should not sacrifice the land ,rivers and sea. Clean working systems does exist, to mix cement a tarp sorounding the area were the person mixing wears, mask, cloves and clothng boots and that covers the skin. around that area to maintain the dust at bay, a misting system of water soround the areato keep the evioroment clean.

Don Juan

Living Brain Donor
Dec 5, 2003
Ever since Europeans came to Hispaniola, our little island has seen the deforestation and hence, the lose of habitat for so many species of birds and mammals. Today it continues with all you said above.
It is a tremendous disaster that will hopefully stop before it's too late.
I have read encouraging reports of the planting of trees in the sierras and the stemming of pollutants into our rivers and air.
The biggest problem we face today is the lack of an initiative to educate the general population on the dangers of disposing garbage and chemicals helter-skelter and that all those pollutants will come back to do great harm to our children.
Truly, education, or lack thereof, is to be blamed. This is at the root of all our problems. Until the gov. restores our birthright to free schools, nothing will change, things will get worse. Paradise lost!!

Funnyyale26

Bronze
Dec 15, 2006
After reading the news about the cutting of the trees in the city, to be replaced by palm as well as the illegal cutting in Imbert and Monte Plata...I have to repeat what I have often said before, that is...I wouldnt be surprised if one day, I wake up and read the newspaper to find out that the DR has been sold to Haiti....ooops, I meant, Irak.

mariaobetsanov

Jan 2, 2002
I am Santiago, where the city parks looks-like a health hazard, crush concrete litter the soil , this like cement dust causes cancel, kidney failureand other health usies to those that live or walk there. Santiago Ayuntamiento is been operated or run by ignorant fool that have no conceptof polution. Next door to me as you enter the city there is a property line building that has poluted my hause, land and health, having kidney health problems is not fun. The jackass who is constructing this building is calling me crazzy, but the first thing I asked was for a secure barrier between my hause and the construction, he agreed but only to do as he please. The fool is claiming to be an engineer but this guy does not know anything of the harm cause by materials that he is ussing this is the 21st century, the workers are not recieving the right equipment such as mask, gloves safty essues to the health of eviroment are ignored or they are too dumb to be handling material that are poison the all..