New AA Mile Policy

ZEUS

Bronze
Feb 14, 2003
Frankly, I don't give a dead rat. They can keep their miles. I'm a DELTA man now. For me to go back to AA, they'll have to get rid off those old AB600.

Zeus.

Sep 19, 2005
Ill sell ya my rat for $200....

because thats how much MORE DELTA wants for their ONE LOUSY choice of flight from jfk to sti on the dates i was planning on going....over AA

AA= $750
Delta=$975

AND the ONE CHOICE...

maybe I am lucky but AA flys exactly the time I want , very early there, and just late enough I can be in my home by 11:30 PM......

I still dont get all the people that say they wont fly with AA...is it that bad that you will pay hundreds more with less options?

jetyblue is another joke....11:55 pm flights??????????? and for MORE Money...

SLAP...thank you may I have another....slap

at least thats the scene from JFK to STI.

sure AA has been late to leave once in a while... and sometimes the planes are a little ratty....but what do you want with all the dominicans hauling 2.33 rug rats, who rip everything they can get their hands on, plus all the macho drunks, and cat fights..........even in first class the seats are getting ratty.....but hey its only 3 hours...its over fast.

bob

El Tigre

El Tigre de DR1 - Moderator
Jan 23, 2003
Frankly, I don't give a dead rat. They can keep their miles. I'm a DELTA man now. For me to go back to AA, they'll have to get rid off those old AB600.

Zeus.

Praise ZEUS!!!!!!!!!!! I'll second and triple that!!!

I haven't flown AA since May of 2005 which is when Delta went into service to STI (my airport).

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
We"ve Been Given Incorrect Info by apdomini100max

Just to let you guys know now AA is cutting the life on your frequent flyer miles. Now the miles will only be good for a period of 18 moths. you might want to find an alternate way to redeem your miles or get involve in something like e-rewards to prevent your miles from expiring. Here is the link

This post is bad information. Misleading at best.

What the new policy is that if you don't earn any miles or use any miles during an 18 month period, you lose the miles you have had for at least 18 months. But as long as you earn or use miles, you continue to retain all your miles indefinitely.

From the message sent out by AA: "It's easy to continue to keep your account active and retain your miles indefinitely! Just earn or redeem miles at least once every 18 months."

Jun 5, 2004
??????????????????????

This post is bad information. Misleading at best.

What the new policy is that if you don't earn any miles or use any miles during an 18 month period, you lose the miles you have had for at least 18 months. But as long as you earn or use miles, you continue to retain all your miles indefinitely.

From the message sent out by AA: "It's easy to continue to keep your account active and retain your miles indefinitely! Just earn or redeem miles at least once every 18 months."

How is my post misleading? Everyone knows that miles are good within there 18-month period. (It's obvious) In the previous post I stated that the life of the miles was being shortened no where in the post did I say that they were going to take away miles.

Luperon

Who empowered China's crime against humanity?
Jun 28, 2004
Ab600

Zeus.

Those AA planes smell musty and creak when you walk down the isle :ermm:
but sometimes you need to use them..... sometimes I even feel like clapping when we land in one piece!

Musicqueen

Miami Nice!
Jan 31, 2002
I got that e-mail too from AA...although I earn more miles with my MC everytime I pay as credit for anything I buy or even paying my bills...

I used 22,000 miles last year, and I already have 30,000 more on my account...in 8 months...withouth having travelled AA...

From Ft. Lauderdale is easier and cheaper for me to use Spirit...newer planes and very convenient times to DR...

Although until next year, I won't be flying anywhere near paradise...not until my hubby can fly with me!!! ;)

ZEUS

Bronze
Feb 14, 2003
Luperon, are you telling me you didn't know why pleople clap when the plane lands? Well, that's the reason.;)

Their service stinks. Movies and headphones are free on Delta.:bunny:

zeus.

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
How is my post misleading? Everyone knows that miles are good within there 18-month period. (It's obvious) In the previous post I stated that the life of the miles was being shortened no where in the post did I say that they were going to take away miles.

It is misleading because it sounds like at the end of 18 months they will automatically take miles away that were earned 18 months previously. That is not how it works. You will only lose those miles if you don't earn even one more mile during that 18 month period by means of credit card purchases, etc., or if you don't use at least one of those miles by travel.

From AA:

It's easy to continue to keep your account active and retain your miles indefinitely! Just earn or redeem miles at least once every 18 months. There are many ways you can earn and redeem miles:

Mileage Earning Opportunities

* Earn miles on American Airlines, American Eagle? or AmericanConnection? flights
* Earn miles on over 20 AAdvantage participating airlines
* Earn miles with more than 97 affinity card products in over 41 countries, including Citi? / AAdvantage? card products
* Earn miles by purchasing products or services from more than 1,000 AAdvantage participants
* Earn miles via AAdvantage eShoppingSM with over 200 brand-name retailers
* Earn miles through the AAdvantage DiningSM program with more than 10,000 participating restaurants
* Earn miles for joining the TrAAvel Perks? program

Mileage Redemption Opportunities

* Redeem miles for award travel to over 800 destinations worldwide
* Redeem miles for hotel stays, car rentals, magazines or merchandise
* Donate at least 250 miles to an eligible charity

Any of these mileage earning or redeeming activities will retain the miles in your account for another 18 months.

Sep 19, 2005
I alos thought that the OP stated that after 18 months the miles would exipre.....but they dont exipre at all if there have been activity within those same 18 months.

as far as people calpping when the plane lands....they dont clap when the plane LANDS...

they clap the second one wheel touches the grouond....even though the plane is still doing like 250 MPH...and is as deadly as ever.....I WOULD clap when the planes slowed down enough to prevent serious damage if something went wrong at that point...but I am a grown up these days ha ha ha ha...I EXPECT the plane to make a good landing....

bob

agomera

Nov 16, 2005
As far as I know, most airlines have this policy regarding the miles. Here are my 2 cents about DL and AA:

DL:
ON-TIME Performance. Excellent Airline if you are flying inside the US or Transatlantic (good prices, excellent service). But, if you are planning to connect through ATL or FLL(with the new route) to another US Destination, be prepared for a nightmare. MILES ARE SO HARD TO REDEEM. MILES GET USELESS if you are not a Medallion Member. Every time I fly JFK-SDQ, I have to claim my free medallion upgrade because the GA usually give the open FC seats to the stand-by passengers instead of upgrading the medallion members.

AA: Delays, delays, delays (more than any other airline) due to their busy operations. Good service inside the US in certain planes (737-757-767, MD-80 aren't so nice and everybody knows about those old school A300). Service to the caribbean destination is getting better, connections through MIA and JFK are easier. Miles are easy to redeem at any time, and first class upgrades using miles are easier. They match the prices with the competitors.

So... both airlines have their downsides, sometimes we just have to be lucky.