Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Default postal services in the DR

Hi all

Can someone tell me how the postal service works in the DR, i will be moving there from the bay islands in a couple of months time and here all mail is done via a mailing address in miami and then forwarded here by plane once a week. is it the same in the DR, do i still need a mailing address in the states or can someone from e.g russia send me a package straight to my house in the DR

cheers in advance

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

They for sure can send you a package. But I wouln't count on it arriving.
    If they send it by UPS, Fedex, DHL, etc. yes in that case it will get delivered directly to your house. But if you are thinking of using the postman, forget about it. Your mailing address in Miami would do best for you.
    Lots of people use EPS service.

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by gloryboy View Post
    Hi all

Can someone tell me how the postal service works in the DR
    to summarize, it doesn't

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Default sorry

There aint no such thing as mail here. This sure isnt Kansas, Toto.

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

we have PO box in miami, from there EPS takes it to DR. postal service does not exist buy at least there is UPS, DHL and fedex. things can be done but cost a lot.

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Default EPS Is Having "Legal Problems" In Miami!

The airfreight company they have used for years,is "unhappy" with "EPS". They are "Sueing" eachother. The airfreight company is holding the EPS addressed mail. EPS sent all members an email today with a new address for all mail. If you are waiting for some mail from EPS,it may be "DELAYED"!
    CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

Post Thanks / Like

Business Mail is another alternative. So is CPS.
    Depends on just where you will locate. I saw something on this board the other day, like "xmail"??????? up in Puerto Plata. I am sure someone can give you a pointer..

HB

Moderator - Ladies Only & North West
    Post Thanks / Like

I have a PO box her in Juan Dolio in the south and it works fine. I get all my mail. From the US usually a week and from UK around 6 weeks to 3 months. (Takes a long time to swim). Otherwise if I need something fast I use DHL.

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

I have a PO Box in Sosua, usually take 3 weeks to receive mail from the States.

On Vacation!
    Post Thanks / Like

We use EPS in Sosua via the Miami address. Letter type mail arrives with about a 2 day delay. We have UPS and FedX deliver to the Sosua office also, since they know where the office is and maintain a fairly good time schedule. Large bulk stuff takes a few more days due to customs inspection and wanting thier money before releasing. Depending on the bulk item, we give EPS a copy of the purchase price and let them work with customs to get duty paid and item released quickly.

The EPS Miami carrier change/problem started over a week ago. We have not noticed any delivery change/problem.... yet.

Ringo

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast