Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Sending Barrel food !

What food is much less here( new york) than can be sent in the barrel thanks

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

I really cannot say. There are companies that specialize in this and they may have some suggestions. There are some threads on the board dealing with people sending food down in specific containers - try searching the board ..

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

what exactly is Barrel Food? the only food I know that comes in a barrel is pickles...and wine and beer, though they're not really food...unless you're on a liquid diet!

hmmmm...now that I think about it.. I'd LOVE a good NY barrel pickle...garlic dill maybe...anyone coming to the north coast soon that lives near Delancey St. in NYC???

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Duh

Quote Originally Posted by DavidZ View Post
    what exactly is Barrel Food? the only food I know that comes in a barrel is pickles...and wine and beer, though they're not really food...unless you're on a liquid diet!

hmmmm...now that I think about it.. I'd LOVE a good NY barrel pickle...garlic dill maybe...anyone coming to the north coast soon that lives near Delancey St. in NYC???
    OP is talking about blue containers. Just about ANYTHING shipped from NYC is valued and wanted in the DR/ The list of goods should include:cooking oil, rice, juices, pasta, batteries, soup, spices.

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Just about anything brand name cost double in the DR. I pack a suitcase of Campbells clam chowder, Velvetta mac and cheese, Helmans mayo, BumbleBee tuna, Ocean spray concentrated cranberry juice, ect.....

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Shipping Companies for Barrels?

Quote Originally Posted by johne View Post
    OP is talking about blue containers.
    I've heard it's inexpensive to ship food this way. Can someone post info about their experience with this service and which companies in NY offer it?

Thanks

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ben View Post
    I've heard it's inexpensive to ship food this way. Can someone post info about their experience with this service and which companies in NY offer it?

Thanks
    Been posted a gazzion times. Do a search all info is there.

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Its getting old

Quote Originally Posted by johne View Post
    OP is talking about blue containers.
    It sounds like you may have something blue in your container by your response to both people on this thread. I was under the impression this board is about helping people, not mocking their message board protocol.

cheers,

tambo'

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Default More information

Quote Originally Posted by Tamborista View Post
    It sounds like you may have something blue in your container by your response to both people on this thread. I was under the impression this board is about helping people, not mocking their message board protocol.

cheers,

tambo'
    1) Blue containers: can be bought at a company that does this type of shipping from NYC to DR. Drum about 4' high. In some nabes can buy in large supermarkets. Cost $25-35.00.
    2) Fill with items that I prev. mentioned along with suggestion of other poster that said just about anything costs double in DR.
    Need: Coffee, jucies, oil, rice, bean, canned items
    3) Call a shipping company that will pick up and deliver door to door. Usually promise 4 weeks but that means the drum is in the DR. Figure on about another week to del. to house.
    4) Cost: $100
    5) Monumental (shipping) in NYC was the company I used last. Don't have tel. # here but I'm sure you can find in directory.
    john

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Coffee,Beans,Rice??????????????? You Got To Be kidding!

Coffee is $2 a pound in the DR! Hellmans "Mayo" now costs less in Supermercado National than in a Convenience store in the USA!
    Some good items to ship are Canned Tuna,"SPAM", Velveta Cheese, Canned ham. The idea is to ship "High Value" items that are either not available in the DR,or VERY High Priced there,but not here!!! Shipping "Beans,Rice,or Coffee defeats the purpose! If your family needs "Food",go to;(mandale.com) you [pay here using your credit card,they pick up the food at Supermercado National there!
    Cris Colon

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast