weather and rain

Status
Not open for further replies.

mike775103

Aug 25, 2004
I was in Sosua a few years ago in December; supposedly the rainiest time of year. It rained a few days, mostly in the evening, but there was plenty of sunshine most days, and the weather was very pleasant.

This year I am coming on the 23rd of June. I have been watching the 10 day forecasts and they have been predicting rain showers, or scattered thunderstorms, everyday. Today it did allow there might be one day in the next ten that it would not have rain. According to the averages, the June, July, and August period is the least rainy time of the year.

What is up with the rain everyday forecast? Is this just a weatherman covering his but? Is this just a small chance of rain everyday, but not much likelihood of a lot of rain over the whole week? What is the real likelihood of rain for this time of the year, over the course of a one week vacation?

planner

.............. ?
Sep 23, 2002
First of all start checking the weathe report for Puerto Plata. That will help you.

This time of year it is not unusual, in fact it is normal to have hot sunny days that are humid. Later in the afternoon / early evening the clouds will build up (about 1/2 the days) and we will get a shower or a thunderstorm. It will clear some of the humidity out and cool things off a bit.

If there is a slight chance this will happen the forecasts will call for rain.......

Lately the weather has been excellent. We have had 4 straight days of hot and sunny with no rain at all! I will see what I can do about keeping it this way.

Status
Not open for further replies.