3 month stay

jfp91

Jun 24, 2007
This is a great site and his very helpfull with all questions regarding a beautiful country . Here's my situation

i'll be going to santo domingo from middle february to middle of may because i'm changing carreers and want to relax for a couple of months and need to get away to clear my mind and start my 30's , also to get away from the cold canadian winter

i need a place to stay , ready to pay between 300- 500$ a month obviously something secure hopefully with cable t.v , close to good nightlife were i could take some spanish classes ( i know the basics )
should i rent before i get there or rent a hotel room and try to find a place once i get there ?
i want a place that i could bring a girl to spend some time with

anyone advice would be greatly appreciated

jfp91

Jun 24, 2007
what do you know about the malecon apt ? how's the location ? safe neighberhood ? walking distance from cool places to be ? do you recommend i rent before coming over or stay in a hotel for a couple of nights and look for a place ?

donquixote

Aug 2, 2005
as a fellow canadian i would suggest you consider the sosua or cabarette area. look for rentals in the dr1 rental section and you will find some monthy rates. It is only a $8.00 bus ride to santo domingo if you want to go there to visit.

jfp91

Jun 24, 2007
i've been in cabarete and sosua in all inclusive resorts , i guess the reason i would like to go to santo domingo is there's probably more things to do , since i'm staying there for 3 months . have you heard anything about the palms in sosua

gringo1

Feb 23, 2007
zona colonial

If i were goiing to live for several months in SD, I?d look for an apartment in the colonial zone. Its a very historic area with a lot of restauraNTS, OUTDOOR CAFES, hARD rOCK cAFE, AND A MILE LONG STREET CALLED THE cONDE THAT IS ALL STORES ETC, BUT PURELY PEDESTRIAN. Alos it is close to the malecon and pretty reasonable. Lots of apartments come furnished and there is a good police presence in thee area do to the tourism.

jfp91

Jun 24, 2007
do you recommend me renting before i get there or is it pretty easy to go in and find something ?

gringo1

Feb 23, 2007
Her are a couple of numbers for furnished apts in the colonial zone, 400US, and 16k, repectively.809 851 3986, 809 689 1907
good luck

jfp91

Jun 24, 2007
thansk for the numbers ....... what is better to do ? rent before or get there and look before ?