Need a Notary in Puerto Plata-Sosua or Cabarete who can certify a German translation.

J D Sauser

Silver
Nov 20, 2004
www.hispanosuizainvest.com
Hi all.
I had a wire transfer coming from a German speaking country into my Banco Popular account in Puerto Plata. Understandably they asked for some ID on the source of these funds. All I have is in German. Now, they obviously want all papers translated (from German into Spanish) but can't state by whom exactly except that they would like the translation(s) to be notarized.
I am thus looking for a Notary around Puerto Plata-Sosua or Cabarete who can translate a couple of pages or at least can understand the German source of my Spanish translation well enough so that he can notarize it as a true copy.

Thanks! ... J-D.

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
Maybe if you talked to the people at the German run language school on La Puntilla, near Piergiorgio Hotel, they can be of help in some way.

J D Sauser

Silver
Nov 20, 2004
www.hispanosuizainvest.com
Certifications of translations are done by official translators (Int?rpretes Judiciales) not by notaries.

That's exactly what I thought... interestingly however not what they think at Banco Popular.
Your office in Sosua is resolving the problem.
Thanks for your attention.

... J-D.

Thanks for your suggestions to you too, Ken. I will look them up anyway.