Looking for recent info on Coral Costa Caribe Hotel

jblausey

Jun 13, 2007
acmescuba.com
Hello,
I am arriving on July 14th for my 1st trip to DR. I have booked a room at the Coral Costa Caribe for 2 weeks. Since booking I have read a lot about the hotel both good and not so good. One thing I have read is that the hotel has been or is being sold. Does anyone have first hand knowledge of this? How is the service level and up keep of the hotel in the past few months.

Some of the reviews I think were written by whiners and high maintenance people but sometimes it is hard to tell. Since I am already booked there I just need to know what to expect when I get there in 2 weeks.

John Blausey

drloca

Silver
Oct 26, 2004
Yes, Hilton withdrew last year and it has been run independently in the interim. I know several staff members have left due to the uncertainty of its future.
I feel many of the reviews are relatively inaccurate ie whiners...I have stayed there but not since 2006. If you are not "high maintenance", you will be fine. I always maintain that one has to have realistic expectations to avoid disappointment.
It is your vacation so make the most of it and enjoy!

feel free to PM me with any specific questions you may have

lumiere987

Jul 4, 2007
This is my 4th time at the Costa Caribe hotel. It is a fairly good hotel, all rooms are not the same (try to get 1633 for the best view). The staff is absolutely wonderful and make up for the food which is average. Good for families. The "wealthy" from Santo Domingo show up for the weekend, otherwise everything is calm this time of the year. The location is great and you can walk to the old and new Juan Dolio without fear.

jblausey

Jun 13, 2007
acmescuba.com
Thank you for the replies. Yes I was talking about the one in Juan Dolio. Sorry I was not aware there was more than one. I am going with low expectations and I'm low maintentance so it should be fine.

John

johne

Silver
Jun 28, 2003
Good for families. The "wealthy" from Santo Domingo show up for the weekend, .
Could have fooled me on this one. But then again what do you consider "wealthy"? Day pass is $40(?)
Thought the weekends were a lot of junkets from PR for a 2 day drinkathon.
john