Used cars in Santiago

marimu

Jul 22, 2006
I'm going to be looking to buy a car over the next few weeks. Anyone have any tips? Helpful mechanics?

bennymack

Apr 12, 2006
Have you read the sticky on buying cars in the D.R.? It is in the Living section of the forums

We recently bought a jeepeta. DH hunted all up and down the autopista toward La Vega. We ended up getting it in La Vega from Marmolejos. I would steer you away from Pepe Motors where we almost bought a jeepeta.

Make sure the title is in the dealer's name, not a third party.

Do lots of homework. Yes you need a good mechanic to go with you! One price for the vehicle and a second price for work that needs to be done on it.

My dh did most of the legwork.

Last edited:

Rocky

Honorificabilitudinitatibus
Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
I highly recommend Espaillat Motors in Moca...good selection, prices, service...and great people.
As David mentions, they are simply the best.
Approx 100 of us have bought from Espaillat, throughout the years.
If you don't mind driving 20 minutes over to Moca, it will be well worth your while.

gringo1

Feb 23, 2007
A friend of mine bought a car a couple years ago, an Outback I think. But the important thing is that he checked out the vehicle using carfax or carfacts, which lets the buyer know if that vehicle has been in a wreck, totalled by an insurance company back in the states. I thought it was pretty good advice.