confusing info about weather

Status
Not open for further replies.

scrubmuncher

On Vacation!
Jul 6, 2007
Hi guys,
I'm trying to decide on what weather predictions to believe before I book up my holiday in end aug-sept. I have read conflicting reports about it being the worst time to go and others telling me its the better time to go. All from the internet of course so I'm sure you can understand why I'm a little paranoid about who I should put my trust in. I would be going to the 'pto plata' area.
Well I thought maybe to ask the people who know what the score is as your not selling me anything:cheeky:

Any input would be much appreciated, and although I know if you could predict the weather you'd be a god, your own personal opinion will help me make my decision.

MAny thanks
scrubmuncher!!:pirate:

Chris

Gold
Oct 21, 2002
www.caribbetech.com
Our own weather forum will tell you everything you need to know. But if you need to know exactly where it is going to rain when and for how long, well, then you're out of luck. We're all too busy with our lives to worry about a little rain. Check it out http://www.dr1.com/forums/weather-beyond/
If we say nothing, it means nothing has changed. If we say something, it means something has changed. Read Planner's notes this morning ... all is still the same, hot, sun, a little tropical shower, a few clouds, a breeze and sun again.

sammystorm19

Apr 8, 2007
I was there in March when it said that it was suppose to be sunny. It rained hard for 5 out of the 8 days I was there. I still had a good time though. The weather didn't stop me from having a good time. Weather anywhere can change at any given time. Like Chris said, check out the forums!!! You will most likely be seeing a little of everything.....except SNOW!!!!!

gringo1

Feb 23, 2007
Rain and sun here have as much to do with the mountains as with the month. Puerta Plata gets frequent and HEAVY rains. Luperon, only 25km or so away is quite arid and dry. Rio San Juan gets twice the rainfall of Luperon, and according to govt rainfall reports for the last 30 years, has no rainy or dry season. The 12 months are virtually equal in rainfall amounts. So rain and sn here are a very localized issue.

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
The weather in August/September on the North Coast is influenced considerably by the tropical weather formations and the routes they follow. If the routes followed by the tropical waves and tropical storms are in the Caribbean, then there will be rain on the south coast but little rain on the north coast. If those that go north start on a NW track around Puerto Rico, they are not likely to have much affect on the weather in Puerto Rico. However, if they don make a definite turn to the NW or N until somewhere along the North Coast of the DR, we are likely to get some rain.

As other posters have mentioned, rain does not have to spoil your day or your vacation. No matter what method you use to predict the best weather, your chances of having some rain are about the same. I think you should decide what is the best time for you to go, given your schedule and commitments at home, then book your flight and prepare for an enjoyable vacation.

A common expression in the DR is "si Dios quiere", meaning "if God wills". The Dominicans know there is nothing they can do about the weather and many other things, so don't worry about it. It is in God's hands. What they do is make the best of what is handed them. You should do the same.

Status
Not open for further replies.