Just Out of Curiosity...

bigjuan163usmc

May 18, 2007
Some of you guys might be getting mad at me about this question and all but I had to ask. So sorry. I was discussing with an uncle of mine about what if history had taken a different course and instead of the US taking Puerto Rico, RD, Cuba, Haiti, and PR just kind of "unified" and became one nation. I'm not interested in why it wouldn't happen or how "stupid" it is. Its not something I think should happen or anything, just something I thought about one day out of randomness. I just want to know what the economy of the four nations would be like if they had unified into one a long time ago and what kind of role would these four islands have within the world.

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
You "WIN"!!!

"Most Ridiculous pOST iN tHE hISTORY oF dr1 aWARD"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

Get A "HOBBY"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mirador

On Permanent Vacation!
Apr 15, 2004
Hey, let's give "stuffed full of avocado and plantain all day" a break! It is a legitimate and interesting question. However, I would suggest the OP to delve into Latin American history books, and read up, for starters, on Simon Bolivar's quest to create a "Gran Colombia"....

miguel

I didn't last long...
Jul 2, 2003
El diablo, que es esta vaina?......

"Most Ridiculous pOST iN tHE hISTORY oF dr1 aWARD"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

Get A "HOBBY"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
You know what, I am going to hate myself for a year for saying this but:

This thread is worse than AZB's "Guacamole" thread, hahahahahaha!!.

Know I know I've heard it all.

Now I can die in peace!!.

Adios mundo cruel, UUUUUUGH!!.

NALs

Economist by Profession
Jan 20, 2003
Some of you guys might be getting mad at me about this question and all but I had to ask. So sorry. I was discussing with an uncle of mine about what if history had taken a different course and instead of the US taking Puerto Rico, RD, Cuba, Haiti, and PR just kind of "unified" and became one nation. I'm not interested in why it wouldn't happen or how "stupid" it is. Its not something I think should happen or anything, just something I thought about one day out of randomness. I just want to know what the economy of the four nations would be like if they had unified into one a long time ago and what kind of role would these four islands have within the world.
Take the advice many DR1ers have been giving you in every thread you have started which is: Do your own research and read books prior to asking questions!

For example,

what you are proposing in this thread is not your "original idea". Eugenio Maria de Hostos came up with that idea before you were even born.

Again, read some books and then let's talk.

-NALs ;)

qgrande

Bronze
Jul 27, 2005
And perhaps interesting to add that right next door there is such a process going on, quite some influential people in Trinidad and other english-speaking islands aiming to make CARICOM a more unified, EU-like entity. One of the reasons why they're not too interested in having the DR as part of CARICOM, as it wouldn't be interested and just slow that process down.

DAKRA

Bronze
Feb 21, 2007
More Information Needed!

So What! - The wonderful members of DR1 begin a long drawn-out discussion and weigh the pros and cons of your strange question and we come up with some answers that are just as wild as your question, Then what?

I think that if you really want to know the answer(s) to the question that you posed, then here are your options:

Number 1: Read a book on this theory; in fact, read many books on this.

Number 2: Contact your local university and ask their history department to assign students to create a thesis on this topic.

Number 3: Move on from DR1, this is so WILD and out of the ordinary, that I can not remember reading a "out there" post (unless you include SunAndBuns' posts about his plans for DR chicas) like this one. Again, it really may be time to move on.

Not my intent to slam you, but this is all that I can offer at this time.

:pirate:

Last edited:

amparocorp

Bronze
Aug 11, 2002
it''s all coming to that anyway, new world order, global economy, large multi-national corporations are running the world, air travel, internet, borders just ain't what they used to be. borders are like toll plazas,,,,,,,,,,,,,an inconvinience