Sousa Resturant Closes

Status
Not open for further replies.

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
The restaurant connected to Europa folded up Monday. Trump has it up for sale.

A

apostropheman

like Chris said "coyotes"...as in chew your foot off to get out of the leg-trap/restaurant! :cheeky:

Chris

Gold
Oct 21, 2002
www.caribbetech.com
Of course. Locally we've tended to call it coyotes. :laugh: I can't for the life of me remember how it started. I guess we all have to get used to living without the biggest liquor collection in the DR now. And darn, no franchises? And what are the ladies of the night going to do now that their favorite pick up spot it gone. This is a real blow to the Sos?a community.

A

apostropheman

escott, AKA snotty, thesnotman, etc...:cheeky:

...he's a fav alright...doesn't/not allowed to...post here :)

Jumbo

Bronze
Jul 8, 2005
I saw the owner in POP yesterday shopping for training bras and extra small panties. Whats up with that ??????????????????

Lambada

Gold
Mar 4, 2004
www.ginniebedggood.com
Whats up with that ??????????????????

Probably nothing. Just part of his normal everyday shopping. :) Or maybe he's going into a new line of business.................?

A lesson for all here, methinks. To any new folks thinking of running a restaurant, it isn't as easy as it might first appear. A lot of sustained hard work is needed. Hope it isn't bought by someone who is fooled into thinking otherwise.

A

apostropheman

oh, i think you nailed it!

:eek:gre::eek::ninja::pirate:
Is the owner of this restaurant the same fellow who made 15K of a children's charity money go into thin air? Or am I confused with somebody else?

Sosuany

Nov 11, 2006
I ate at this restaurant. It had a good descent breakfast going for a good price. I guess there wasn't enough business from Europa's guests.

Rocky

Honorificabilitudinitatibus
Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
You reap what you sow.
He opened this business with hatred in his heart, wanting to show others up, and in return, he became the most hated man in Sosua, and he got shown up.
Now he is ridiculed all over the internet and is faced with the prospect of selling it at half what it cost him, and that's if he gets lucky.

This is a lesson for all gringos who choose to move here.
Treat the people with the respect they deserve.
Love the country, or leave.
Attitude counts for everything.
People who come here with a good attitude, can be assured that they will get assistance from the good people of this community.
Those with bad attitudes, are doomed to fail and be unhappy.

A

apostropheman

You reap what you sow.
He opened this business with hatred in his heart, wanting to show others up, and in return, he became the most hated man in Sosua, and he got shown up.
Now he is ridiculed all over the internet and is faced with the prospect of selling it at half what it cost him, and that's if he gets lucky.

This is a lesson for all gringos who choose to move here.
Treat the people with the respect they deserve.
Love the country, or leave.
Attitude counts for everything.
People who come here with a good attitude, can be assured that they will get assistance from the good people of this community.
Those with bad attitudes, are doomed to fail and be unhappy.
Amen......

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
The two times I ate there the food was good.

What I could never understand was why he chose that location when he had aspirations of attracting upscale clients. The restaurant was open, so the noise of the street traffic, including motorcycles, was always with you, and going or coming you could see the prostitutes looking for business. Also, the restaurant was too far away from the better hotels. But with the prostitutes hanging around, that probably made no difference because many people would not walk there more than once anyway.

The food was much better than the ambiance.

Rocky

Honorificabilitudinitatibus
Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
What I could never understand was why he chose that location when he had aspirations of attracting upscale clients. The restaurant was open, so the noise of the street traffic, including motorcycles, was always with you, and going or coming you could see the prostitutes looking for business. Also, the restaurant was too far away from the better hotels. But with the prostitutes hanging around, that probably made no difference because many people would not walk there more than once anyway.
Because he's nowhere near as bright and wise, as he tells everybody he is?
How many years did we put up with listening to him bragging about how great & smart he was?
How many times did we see him telling others that they were making stupid business decisions, and that he had all the right answers?
He lost all credibility when he managed to collect $15,000 US from a large group of generous people, to open a dental clinic in Puerto Plata, and never did.

The food was much better than the ambiance.
How could the food have been worse than the ambience?
It was a puta infested joint, run by a braggart with a bad attitude.

Sholly24

I'm an athiest loving Obama fan!
Mar 5, 2006
Somehow I smell a little tint of jealousy in some of these comments.

Good people also make bad business decisions.

Good people sometimes end up selling their business also.

I do not know this person nor have I met him before but since no one here seems to say anything good about him, there is a LIKELIHOOD that he is not really a nice person after all or it may just be a bias on this forum.

The most important thing in a restaurant is the food. If you sell good food and give good service that is probably the most that matters.

There have been only two comments made so far about the food/service at the restaurant and these comments have been good. Which means that he at least made a good attempt and I am at a loss as to what the fuss is about.

Sholly

Status
Not open for further replies.