The French Restaurant on Pedro Clisante--Avoid

Status
Not open for further replies.

Papa Benito

Dec 5, 2006
Across from the Property Center. The food is terrible. Then they tried to ''double charged'' me. I protested, I told the owner what I thought. He threatened to fight me, then ran away in fear. I am at least 30 years older than him! What a loser! Avoid!

Rocky

Honorificabilitudinitatibus
Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
Across from the Property Center. The food is terrible. Then they tried to ''double charged'' me. I protested, I told the owner what I thought. He threatened to fight me, then ran away in fear. I am at least 30 years older than him! What a loser! Avoid!
I don't which restaurant you are talking about.
Do you have a name or a better description of the location?

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
Are you talking about the restaurant that is next to Britannia?

A

apostropheman

sometimes the truth is stranger than fiction:cheeky:
That's hilarious.
Loosely translated, it's like saying, "Oh that bitch".
so...what is the name of the restaurant in question?

"bitch" or not, i'd hate to avoid the wrong place.:bunny:

Rocky

Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
sometimes the truth is stranger than fiction:cheeky:so...what is the name of the restaurant in question?

"bitch" or not, i'd hate to avoid the wrong place.:bunny:
Yes, you're right.
It would be terrible to blacklist the wrong place, plus, we really should know more details, before rushing to judgement.
I just thought that name was too funny.

Tallman1680

On Vacation
Oct 7, 2006

LOL........

A

apostropheman

the name is beautiful...after his mother-in-law...i hope:cheeky:
Yes, you're right.
It would be terrible to blacklist the wrong place, plus, we really should know more details, before rushing to judgement.
I just thought that name was too funny.

Tamborista

hasta la tambora
Apr 4, 2005
I have eaten in oo la Vache on several occasions, as have a few of my friends. The name translates to oo The Cow. Hence the life size paper mache of a cow out front!

The food was always fresh and above average in quality.
The Pizza there, although a bit pricey, is as good as John's of Bleeker St. or Patsy's. The pasta dishes are all unique and tasty.
Is it fair to BLACKLIST a place on the internet because of a one time error.

Look who started the thread and his previous posts before all of you penguins pile on!

tambo'

A

apostropheman

...except that cow=vaca...doesn't it? :cheeky::bunny::bunny:
(in spanish anyway, just like vache=bitch, mas o menos, in spanish)

too bad they named their restaurant in french in a spanish speaking country...

i wonder what the dominicans think it means :cheeky::surprised:eek::classic: jejejejeje
I have eaten in oo la Vache on several occasions, as have a few of my friends. The name translates to oo The Cow. Hence the life size paper mache of a cow out front!

The food was always fresh and above average in quality.
The Pizza there, although a bit pricey, is as good as John's of Bleeker St. or Patsy's. The pasta dishes are all unique and tasty.
Is it fair to BLACKLIST a place on the internet because of a one time error.

Look who started the thread and his previous posts before all of you penguins pile on!

tambo'

Tamborista

hasta la tambora
Apr 4, 2005
Your right Apos, it's perfecty ok to trash a place on the internet because of a silly name.

enjoy this beautiful summer day.

tambo'

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
I asked if this was the place the OP was talking about because I too have ate there with reasonably good results. The Pizza is the best in Sosua in my opinion.

We still never got a specific answer if this IS in fact where he ate.

Rocky

Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
Pardon me if I'm the source of the problem.
As I speak French, I saw the humour in the name.\I have no idea if this is the restaurant in question, nor do I know the details, nor have I blacklisted it, nor plan to, unless given good reason.
I meant no harm in my remarks.
Anyone who speaks French, knows that "Oh la vache" is virtyually identical to saying, "oh the bitch".
I'm quite sure the owner must have named it that way with humour in mind.

Status
Not open for further replies.