Will be in DR 7-17-07 to 7-26-07 couple ?'s...

John from Florida

Jun 8, 2007
Hello, great site. Been searching a lot here very informative... My wife and I and 7 & 10 year olds will be visiting for the 1st time. We will be @ the Occidental Allegro.

We don't speak Spanish but would like to go off the resort grounds. We've done this in the Bahamas and Cancun. We do have an electronic language translator that is a BIG help! We would like to take the public transportation -guagua or taxi.

Higuey looks a little to far... Is El Cortecito or Veron closer to the Allegro. I did find on this site that Veron is about 10-12 km from Allegro. There was also mention of Plaza Bavaro and Plaza Bavaro.

We would like to do some safe shopping, dinning and get some antibiotics from the pharmacy. I do believe you can get anitbiotics without a script in the DR correct? Does El Cortecito, Veron, Plaza Bavaro, and Plaza Bavaro have a pharmacy?

What is the (one way rate) for the guagua or taxi to the town you may suggest?

Any help would be appreciated!

John

Caren M.

Jan 27, 2006
There is a pharmacy in Cortecito as well as shopping and restaurants - Captain Cooks the most well known. I'm not sure how much the taxi would be but probably not more than $15. Veron is a little further away. El Cortecito would be a more interesting experience for the family. Plaza Bavaro and the Bavaro Shopping Center are nearby - also nice but mostly tourist stuff really. Most hotels have gift shops where you can buy antibiotics too.