Apartmente Karibic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Drro

Bronze
Mar 22, 2006
If any of you are owners or know anyone that owns - this is not the Villas Karibic but apartments - read this article on the administrator Pair Charged With Drug Conspiracy and Importation

I am an owner and would appreciate any suggestions, feedback, if it's happened to anyone else?

There are temporary administrators (who I happen to know) but they can't find the money, accounts, nothing, and rumor has it this guy is going to get 20 years. He was my next door neighbor and rented my apartment for me and took great care of things.

I have a credit for monies I leave each time I come (cash in US $) against common charges.

Anyone wants more info, don't hesitate to ask or PM me.

Thanks - feel better just knowing someone other than me knows! I have notified my attorney, and let it be known that I have luggage and tennis gear in his garage - which I have asked to be moved to my apartment.

Ro

Lambada

Gold
Mar 4, 2004
www.ginniebedggood.com
OK they're charged but not as yet found guilty unless you have further info? What happened at the 12 July hearing, do you know?

If found guilty I can well believe a long sentence would be likely. 226 kilos is nearly 500 pounds of the stuff.

Very troubling for all owners there I would imagine. You have our empathy.

Drro

Bronze
Mar 22, 2006
Thanks for your post. I haven't been able to find out any information from the hearing, other than it's in the Bahamas and I'm told they could get 20 years.

An email came from the new administrators asking for US$150 from each tenant as they can't find the money - I haven't sent it because I have a (hopefully) credit balance.

I'll keep you posted.

Thanks again
Ro

Drro

Bronze
Mar 22, 2006
Thanks for that.

The latest is that he's back in Canada - political. If I remember correctly he used to work for the government, so somehow he's there but I'm sure can't come back here.

The saga continues...

Ro

Rocky

Honorificabilitudinitatibus
Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
May I suggest that you do send the requested $150 US.
Nobody wants to throw money away, but if the new administrators don't have the money to work with to properly maintain the complex, you will be the loser in the end, as it devalues your condo.
Just a suggestion, but it may be best to take the hit now and maintain the status quo.

Conchman

Silver
Jul 3, 2002
www.oceanworld.net
I am lost here. One or both of the guys arrested in The Bahamas was the administrator of an apartment complex in the DR? He has been released now from Bahamian jail because of political reasons? Thats unlikely. Even if he has legal problems in The Bahamas, why would he not be allowed back in the DR?

Drro

Bronze
Mar 22, 2006
I think he was released because he has connections high up in Canada. He was supposed to be sentenced July 12th and rumor has it he was to get 20 years. But no word about what's happening next.

I don't have an answer for why he wouldn't be allowed back in the DR, maybe he would be.

However, the new administrators can't find the money that we all deposited for common charges, etc. So I believe they are confiscating and selling all of his 'stuff.'

That's all I know. I just made reservations to go to Sosua August 7th and I'll for sure find out more info.

Ro

Status
Not open for further replies.