New Hard Rock Cafe Now Open in Punta Cana

aegap

Silver
Mar 19, 2005
07.03.07 - Punta Cana joins Hard Rock family

The Caribbean is rockin? as the world?s newest Hard Rock Cafe is officially open for business in the beautiful and very trendy region of Punta Cana, located on the eastern most tip of the Dominican Republic, Punta Cana, a resort town and one of the Caribbean's top destinations, is home to the regions second Hard Rock Cafe and the seventh in the Caribbean. Ideally situated in the Palma Real Shopping Village, a brand new high-end mall in Bavaro, Hard Rock Cafe Punta Cana offers its guests the authentic rock atmosphere and great American fare that has made the Hard Rock brand world-famous.

The 10,760-square-foot cafe features Hard Rock?s outstanding menu, collectible merchandise and world-renowned memorabilia collection. Key pieces of memorabilia on display include items from contemporary stars, such as a shirt worn by Gwen Stefani during a performance on ?Saturday Night Live,? several guitars donated by Dominican rock legend Juan Luis Guerrera and a shirt worn by Latin icon Juanes during his 2006 tour, as well as items from rock legends Billy Joel and all three members of The Police.

drloca

Silver
Oct 26, 2004
It never ceases to amaze me that people need to travel to the Caribbean for "american fare".....what happened to sancocho y moro???;)

DAKRA

Bronze
Feb 21, 2007
Hear - Hear!!

It never ceases to amaze me that people need to travel to the Caribbean for "american fare".....what happened to sancocho y moro???;)

Nice to see a new business opening to help out the economy, but when in Rome....

:bunny:

drloca

Silver
Oct 26, 2004
Nice to see a new business opening to help out the economy, but when in Rome....

:bunny:

Well I wonder how much it would really impact the economy...ok, it will give employment but the employees will be paid a lot less than their US counterparts!!!
And lets face it, many tourists dont like to tip too much while on vacation as they feel they have already paid for their AI!

Funnyyale26

Bronze
Dec 15, 2006
Are there many bars/clubs around the Punta Cana area? It would have been better if there are more local places but that have a varied option so that it can attract tourists and the money can stay in the community.

NALs

Economist by Profession
Jan 20, 2003
Except for Hard Rock Cafes enthusiasts, I don't think such place will become the focal point of a vacation in Punta Cana. To this day, the sole attraction to Punta Cana is the beach.

Everything else is like a parasite dependent on the business the main attraction creates.

Think of this in terms of what happens in Orlando, Florida. People don't go to Orlando to visit Wet n Wild or Discovery Place or to stroll up and down International Drive. They go to Orlando to visit Disneyworld and whatever other secondary attractions that exist are visited because they are close to Disney and not vice versa.

-NALs

drloca

Silver
Oct 26, 2004
Except for Hard Rock Cafes enthusiasts, I don't think such place will become the focal point of a vacation in Punta Cana. To this day, the sole attraction to Punta Cana is the beach.

Everything else is like a parasite dependent on the business the main attraction creates.

Think of this in terms of what happens in Orlando, Florida. People don't go to Orlando to visit Wet n Wild or Discovery Place or to stroll up and down International Drive. They go to Orlando to visit Disneyworld and whatever other secondary attractions that exist are visited because they are close to Disney and not vice versa.

-NALs

Of course I realize its not the main motivation for visiting this area....I just wouldnt dine in a Hard Rock cafe in the Caribbean (or anywhere else for that matter!) but each to their own I guess!

aegap

Silver
Mar 19, 2005
dr1 Travel News, ..

Hard Rock Cafe in Punta Cana
[FONT=Verdana, Arial]Hard Rock Cafe opened this month at the Palma Real Shopping Village in Bavaro. This is the second Hard Rock Cafe to open in the DR, following in the footsteps of the Colonial City Santo Domingo franchise. It is also only the sixth Hard Rock Cafe in the Caribbean. Transfusion rock group gave the opening concert that also included a performance of Pablito Drums on percussion in electronic music. Reggae, funk and electronic music delighted those attending the opening that ended with a fireworks show.[/FONT]

Dominican Republic Travel News - July 24, 2007

Tracy

Jan 23, 2004
I just returned July 22 from Punta Cana.

I went to check out the mall just to see what it was like. My friend Amanda and I were suppose to go eat at Soles beach reastuarant, however it started pouring down rain! So we just decided to eat at the Hard Rock since we were already there. I must say that the service was fast and good.The menu was in English and prices were in US, however when the bill came it was in peso's. You may pay either way. I ordered the mixed fajita's and the steak meat nearly melted in my mouth because it was so tender. They probably served the best fajita's I have ever had.

I did notice only a few "toiurists" with the AI bands, but the place was packed when we left at nearly 11:00pm..

Tracy