Land Survey Reveals

donluis99

Bronze
Jul 12, 2004
Recently, four years after purchase we did a land survey of our "patio" because I want to build a wall at the rear of the proerty.

Anyway, on one side we have a block / concrete wall that evidently crosses our property line and encloses about 60 meters of the neighbors land inside our wall, or would that then be his wall?

The neighbors property is an empty lot, don't know where he is, would definatly make offer to buy lot, all of it.

Question is, What can happen?

Can he demand to remove wall if he ever finds out?

Can he just arbitrarily demolish it, if I were he, I think thats what I would want to do!

I did not erect the wall, it was constructed by the previous owner about 11 years ago, we bought the property about four years ago.

J D Sauser

Silver
Nov 20, 2004
www.hispanosuizainvest.com
Anyway, on one side we have a block / concrete wall that evidently crosses our property line and encloses about 60 meters of the neighbors land inside our wall, or would that then be his wall?

Not that I think that it would legally matter:
Is that 60 square meters or 60 meter deep into your neighbor's property?

How big are these lots (is it a substantial percentage) and how are they sizes defined in the escrituras?

... J-D.

Ringo

On Vacation!
Mar 6, 2003
I have had more then my share of land line problems concerning more then one property.

I would recommend: Maira Kunhardt, 3rd generation surveyor and she is an atty. Works out of Santiago. D.olivares@codetel.net.do

Regards, Ringo

donluis99

Bronze
Jul 12, 2004
Not that I think that it would legally matter:
Is that 60 square meters or 60 meter deep into your neighbor's property?

How big are these lots (is it a substantial percentage) and how are they sizes defined in the escrituras?

... J-D.

60 square meters in total, my wall cuts the neighbors corner closeing it in my property.

Fabio J. Guzman

DR1 Expert
Jan 1, 2002
www.drlawyer.com
Your neighbor cannot just demolish the wall. The ?Abogado del Estado? or the Land Court will have to determine first that the encroachment exists.

Unfortunately, this type of thing occurs very often in the DR because most lawyers/notaries do not bother having a qualified surveyor inspect the property before closing.