In need of interpitation from Spanish to English

The Virginian

Bronze
Mar 16, 2007
Would someone translate this for me. It is the last line in our title for our home, which we just recieved yesterday. I did a google translation but it is word for word and leaves a lot to be desired. Thanks in advance. I suspect I still need a survey for better protection.

CONSTANCIA ANOTADA INTRANSFERIBLE Y SIN PROTECTION DEL FONDO DE GARANTIA

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
EVIDENCE NOTED-NOT TRANSFERABLE AND WITHOUT PROTECTION OF TITLE GUARANTEE

that is a fairly close translation.

Hb

Chip

Platinum
Jul 25, 2007
Santiago
Would someone translate this for me. It is the last line in our title for our home, which we just recieved yesterday. I did a google translation but it is word for word and leaves a lot to be desired. Thanks in advance. I suspect I still need a survey for better protection.

CONSTANCIA ANOTADA INTRANSFERIBLE Y SIN PROTECTION DEL FONDO DE GARANTIA

You might want to have some title research done. I have a German friend who is trustworthy and speaks English who works all over the island. A lawyer can do the same exact thing but nothing more for a whole lot more money.

PM me if you want his contact info.

The Virginian

Bronze
Mar 16, 2007
Thanks Hillbilly and Chip. I hadn't hought of a title search. The land was purchased by the builder, he built the house. Then later we purchased it. So on the surface the land has not changed hands that much. But it is probably a good idea to had a title searched. thanks again.

Phil

Fabio J. Guzman

DR1 Expert
Jan 1, 2002
www.drlawyer.com
What the note means is that the property has not been "deslinded" and that therefore you won't be able to transfer it to a third party without a "deslinde". Also, since the property is not "deslinded", it is not protected by the government indemnity fund (a kind of title insurance) created by the new Land Law.

The Virginian

Bronze
Mar 16, 2007
We have 2 titles. One for the land the house is on and another title for the land the pool is on. We will get a survey but I had one more question. One title dated September 2006 does no have this line in it. The other title is dated Febuary 2007 and contains the line "CONSTANCIA ANOTADA INTRANSFERIBLE Y SIN PROTECTION DEL FONDO DE GARANTIA". Again, we will get a survey but can you explain why one title has it and the other doesn't?

thanks Phil