For a study

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alyonka

Silver
Jun 3, 2006
This one: Facebook | Welcome to Facebook! ? ? I have seen Dominicans use it for keeping in touch with friends and family. I have used similar sites to share pictures with my family.

What is this thread supposed to be about? How is this site better than others? It might be ...

Guatiao

El Leon de los Cacicazgos
Mar 27, 2004
What is the study about? From here do you mean DR or DR1 members? I have a facebook account, and there are many Dominicans both from DR and from United States colleges on there. It has grown in popularity over Hi5, I don't know if it's more popular than "myspace".
Facebook is a social website that original started out as a means for college students to stay in contact with one another. Originally one had to have a college email account ending in .edu (ie DR1@harvard.edu). The site changed it's philosophy about a year and a half ago and now allows everybody to join (like myspace or hi5), this has made it rapidly popular in DR. It's mostly college aged "kids" on there, between the ages of 17-24.

cuas

May 29, 2006
My daughter in NC (A&T NC State University) located some cousins attending college in SD.

Status
Not open for further replies.