the way I hear it is as follows.
GTE was so unhappy about the way Codetel has been
running things they have sold Codetel to
Taiwaneese Interest. I do not remember the
new owners name.

J

jerry

Re: CODETEL AGAIN ??

Figures. Hopefully these new companies will be what is needed to get Codetel in line. If not maybe the new guys will have good rates and service and we can just change!

Jerry

N

Nicolette

celphone problems

Jerry, can you make international calls with your celphone? If so, please be carefull: I had the same problem last year (hearing people talking over my line, line busy etc.) and my phone was in and out the codetel repair shop during three weeks. That month I got a 15.000 RD$ telephone bill! I normally have 600RD$ costs per month! It appeared that someone (it has been said to be a codetel guy) rented my line for 5 minutes per call to let people call tho the USA. I am still fighting with Codetel over this. No problems since I cut the international option and had my code changed.

J

jerry

Re: celphone problems

When I call it is from the States down to Santo Domingo. I have had no problems with a Tricom house phone (land line), but have had no luck with Codetel celluar. She called up here and told me that there is major problems but I could only understand about every 3rd word. So I don't know. When she calls this way I believe she uses a phone card.

Jerry