Hurricanes

Rocky

Honorificabilitudinitatibus
Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
Yes I Was Wondering What The Likley Hood Of A Hurricane Causing Cancelation Of A Trip In Sept Is..
eqn2536x120.jpg

FireGuy

Rest in peace Amigo!
Aug 21, 2002
www.polaris-fs.com
Somewhere between 0% and 100%, especially if that's all the info we get.

Sorry but it's kind of like asking "How long is a piece of string?" there really isn't a good answer which makes much sense.

Some items of interest:

- September is the month which historically is the busiest for Caribbean Hurricanes.
- The South Coast has the highest probability of being hit by a Hurricane in the DR, followed by the East Coast, the Northeast Coast and the North Coast.
- The last Hurricane to hit the DR was Hurricane Jeanne in September 2004 in Punta Cana (and a slight brush, I believe, with the Northeast Coast).
- Add to this that we don't know your Tour Operator and their past performance in similar situations

and

I think Rocky has hit the nail on the head.

Gregg

whirleybird

Silver
Feb 27, 2006
But I did try to keep it simple.;)
eq5497x554.jpg

Best giggle I have had all day Rocky!!!

In answer to the OP - I know nothing about weather forecasting apart from the fact that, unless you can see it coming on the wonderful maps which are available now, you never know what it will do tomorrow let alone next month.... and if you live in the UK you can reduce the "tomorrow" to the next 5 minutes. Think it is part of the "don't have a climate only weather" syndrome! One thing we do know in the DR though is that it will be warm..... so relax and look forward to your holiday.

Chris

Gold
Oct 21, 2002
www.caribbetech.com
Yes I Was Wondering What The Likley Hood Of A Hurricane Causing Cancelation Of A Trip In Sept Is..

Andreaherman, as you can see, it is almost impossible to predict. During hurricane season, 3 days is about the best predictive window you can get. So, September for us is a long way away in terms of weather.

belitski

Aug 18, 2007
Hi Folks Arriving in Punta Cana this Friday Is there any damage to the Riu chain of hotels ?

CG

Bronze
Sep 16, 2004
After seeing Rocky?s spot on answer regarding trip cancelation regarding September storms, I think he is the only one able to give us a hint to the real length of,,,

a piece of string.