Re: two dominicans died...

P

Phyllis

Why does stuff like this happen??? Do most Dominicans really want out of their country that badly???

S

Susanne

Some do.

We come down there and everywhere else in the World, flaunting our seemingly endless whealth. And I have seen Dominicans returning from the USA to the DR on holiday, flaunting designer clothes, big cars etc. Whether they really can afford them is a different matter, but they want to show that they have become a success.

And yes, the United States - and the rest of the industrialized world - is still the land of opportunity to most people outside it. We may marvel at the climate, the beauty of the DR, the friendliness and warmth of the people - but we are not the ones struggling every day to make ends meet. A lot of Dominicans do struggle.

The story of the two young Dominicans is very, very sad. But what is really outrageous is that somebody has probably taken an indecent amount of money to get them on that plane, and very probably knowing they would never survive.

Regards,
Susanne

C

ciica

to all the people who answered: thank you so much! you've helped very much!

A

Alexandra

I've been reading these postings and I found it hard to believe that people are so desperate to get out of their own country, but it seems to happen all over the world. Just this week it was on the news that they found a truck with 58 dead Chinese people, only two were still alive. They all tried to escape, but were killed in the truck because there wasn't enough oxigine. Really a horrible story!