Top 5 Places to Buy Caribbean Real Estate

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
Interesting article.

I spent about a year in Trinidad between 1998-2000 and enjoyed it very much. Much, much richer in cultural activities than is the DR. But crime was a concern even then, and it was my understanding there were strict limitations on foreigners owning land. Some cruising friends, citizens of the UK, were interested in retiring there but decided against it because of those restrictions.

Jun 7, 2006
This is an interesting article. The DR and Roatan Island, Honduras are my two favorite places in the Caribbean. Both are excellent investments because they are every bit as nice as most other Caribbean islands, but in much earlier stages of development. Meaning they have a much better real estate appreciation potential.

However, I do give the nod to Roatan because it size and its problems are smaller and more managable. And it's at the bottom of the hurricane belt. And it helps that its English-speaking.

On the other hand, there's no place on earth as beautiful as Samana. Both islands are very good investment choices today.