gun ranges

Status
Not open for further replies.

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
There is a gun range in Santiago near Camp David, but I don't know if you can rent guns there. If you have one you can shoot there though. It is also a government licensed testing range for license applicants. I have not been there in about two years, but I assume it is still open.

leehall

Oct 24, 2006
There's a nice, new range just outside of Santiago on the road to Moca, with working electronic targets. You can rent Berreta 9m, Colt's etc.. Non members is about $RDS1,000 + $RDS400 for the gun rental. Price includes 50 bullets. On-site is also a firearms instructor, but he does only speak Spanish. Best range I have seen in the country.

Ricardo900

Silver
Jul 12, 2004
There's a nice, new range just outside of Santiago on the road to Moca, with working electronic targets. You can rent Berreta 9m, Colt's etc.. Non members is about $RDS1,000 + $RDS400 for the gun rental. Price includes 50 bullets. On-site is also a firearms instructor, but he does only speak Spanish. Best range I have seen in the country.

That's awsome!
If you have any contact info for them that will be great. How much does ammo cost in the DR? Let's say for a box(50rds) of 9mm.

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
That's awsome!
If you have any contact info for them that will be great. How much does ammo cost in the DR? Let's say for a box(50rds) of 9mm.

I was in a gun store last week. A box of 50 9mm costs between 1,200RD-1,400RD. In dollars $36-42. The govt. stopped all gun and bullet imports last October. This is the reason for the ridiculous price.

By the way a snub nose 38 was going for 60,000RD!!!!

Ricardo900

Silver
Jul 12, 2004
Totally Outrageous!!

I was in a gun store last week. A box of 50 9mm costs between 1,200RD-1,400RD. In dollars $36-42. The govt. stopped all gun and bullet imports last October. This is the reason for the ridiculous price.

By the way a snub nose 38 was going for 60,000RD!!!!

I don't know what Leonel hopes to accomplish, but this will create an underground market for criminals most likely smuggling out of Haiti. 60,000 for a snubby?? Ha, no gracias.

leehall

Oct 24, 2006
Sorry, can't find their number. They also own a gun shop in the plaza where the Taco Bell & Pizza Hut are. The 50 bullet's they give you are low charge 'refills', but to date I haven't had a problem with them jamming in the gun. Regular prices for something like a box of 50 Magtech are about $RDS1,500. As soon as I find their number, I'll post it.

Ricardo900

Silver
Jul 12, 2004
Sorry, can't find their number. They also own a gun shop in the plaza where the Taco Bell & Pizza Hut are. The 50 bullet's they give you are low charge 'refills', but to date I haven't had a problem with them jamming in the gun. Regular prices for something like a box of 50 Magtech are about $RDS1,500. As soon as I find their number, I'll post it.

Thanks again for the info,
now you mentioned low charge "refills"?? Are these guys collecting used brass and reloading the ammo? Then selling them as new? If they are, it's a good way to make money at the range and the shop. Is the DR ammo band stretches across to "primers", "gunpowder" and "bullets"??

gringosabroso

Oct 16, 2004
San Marcos?? Puerto Plata

There is an 'informal' practice firing range in a suburb of Puerto Plata named San Marcos; out by the Zona Franca; it's sort of behind the current POP public cemetery in San Marcos; the residents never object to the noise nor traffic! You'll never find it by yourself the 1st time; there's a gun shop in POP, almost directly across from Casa Nelson; 2 - 3 military are assigned to the shop; 1 can show you where the 'range' is & go with you. Rental guns? Ammunition? I don't know; you'll have to ask. Good shooting!

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
There is an 'informal' practice firing range in a suburb of Puerto Plata named San Marcos; out by the Zona Franca; it's sort of behind the current POP public cemetery in San Marcos; the residents never object to the noise nor traffic! You'll never find it by yourself the 1st time; there's a gun shop in POP, almost directly across from Casa Nelson; 2 - 3 military are assigned to the shop; 1 can show you where the 'range' is & go with you. Rental guns? Ammunition? I don't know; you'll have to ask. Good shooting!

This is correct. They used to meet every Saturday morning at the gun store across from Casa Nelson, but I don't know if this is still the schedule. You can check at the store.

By the way, this store is owned by Nelson, who is the son of the owner's of Casa Nelson. Casa Nelson was named after him when he was a youngster.

leehall

Oct 24, 2006
Thanks again for the info,
now you mentioned low charge "refills"?? Are these guys collecting used brass and reloading the ammo? Then selling them as new? If they are, it's a good way to make money at the range and the shop. Is the DR ammo band stretches across to "primers", "gunpowder" and "bullets"??

They're not selling them as new and are 'free' as part of the entrance fee and give you the tray when you enter the firing range. The sell all sorts of regular high end ammo as well including Remington 9mm hollow points. I am heading over that way this afternoon and will pick up their phone number.

leehall

Oct 24, 2006
That's awsome!

The owners name is Pedro and their number is 809-724-8476. Armeria Heptagono, Carretera Santiao-Licey km 3.5. About 200mt after Illussion on the left hand side if you are heading in the Moco / Licey direction. It is off the main road and very easy to miss the sign.

Ricardo900

Silver
Jul 12, 2004
The owners name is Pedro and their number is 809-724-8476. Armeria Heptagono, Carretera Santiao-Licey km 3.5. About 200mt after Illussion on the left hand side if you are heading in the Moco / Licey direction. It is off the main road and very easy to miss the sign.

Thanks for the info.

Status
Not open for further replies.